X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ4 Creators Guide: How To Exploit Apolyton Resources For Your Files

Greetings Civ4 Creators,

the following is a guide on how to use the Apolyton resources to publish, announce, discuss, receive feedback for your work

Discussions/Feedback
    When working on a file you may post preview and beta versions in this forum. Try to keep to it to one thread per file, and keep the first post updated with the latest file info.

The subject should be prefixed with the file category (Graphics/Map/Mapscript/Mod/Python/Scenario/Utility) in square brackets (for example "[Mod]")

If you want to have your thread title changed to reflect a new version you should PM Gramphos.

Directory
    Once a file is concidered sufficiently finished you should submit it to the Directory.

Simply browse the Directory and go to the sub-category that you want to add your entry. Click the Add link choice on the menu. Fill in the form and submit.

Your entry will wait for approval by our staff before showing up on the Directory. If we take too long, feel free to PM Gramphos.

News/Announcements
    You can submit a news item to the Civ4 Creators CivGroup (which you should join to promote Civ4 modding and show your creator status!). It may be accepted in it's entierly, or grouped together with other smaller newsitems on moderation.

If you decide not to post a news item an note of new files will be added to the next grouped files announcement. You may also submit news to announce updated versions of your files (just try not to submit news for every single fix you make ).

File Upload/Screenshots
    When posting screenshoots it's recommended to use the Upload Service since it automaticly creates shrinked (800 pixel wide) versions and thumbnails of images. (more info)

For your creations it's good to use the forum attachments as they keep a download count.

For any questions, please post here.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Modiki (Civ4 Modification Wiki)

If you need more space than a couple posts of a forum thread to describe and present your work you can add an entry under Modiki http://modiki.apolyton.net
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

"hits"

Originally posted by Gramphos
      For your creations it's good to use the forum attachments as they keep a download count.
      The Apolyton mod download page lists files' "hits," which seems to track their counts, too.

Comment

Re: "hits"

Originally posted by zbear

The Apolyton mod download page lists files' "hits," which seems to track their counts, too.
        That is true, if you only link to it via the directory link.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I suggest you best way is Article submission and another way is do follow forums if you post in relevant category!!!
          comparatif simulation taux credit auto - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !comparatif simulation taux credit auto

Comment

Try to keep to it to one thread per file, and keep the first post updated with the latest file info.

proprietaire simulation rachat credit immobilier consommation - demander un rachat de crédit, faites une simulation rachat de credit en ligne.proprietaire simulation rachat credit immobilier consommation

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos View Post
              That is true, if you only link to it via the directory link.
              I was wondering about that: "For your creations it's good to use the forum attachments as they keep a download count." How do I actually locate the download counter? I have currently no idea about the number of downloads I'm getting (or lack thereof)...

Comment

And I still don't know how to view downloads...

Comment

Actually, let's update that: there's more Civ4 discussion on at WePlayCiv than here at Apolyton. (No, really... I've checked.)

Comment

Working...
                  X