Appeasement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeasement

I was wondering whether there was some way to 'appease' nations that want to declare war on you i.e. they state that they will declare war and you offer them resources etc. ('cos we all know how effective that is )

I realise that there is a way you can gift cities to other nations, but can this be done during wartime to an agressor? If not, perhaps a mod sometime? (You could have some sort of system whereby it sates the appetite of some leaders but just spurs on others).

Also, if you're not involved involved yourself in a war can you ask other civs to negotiate peace with whoever they are at war with? (Don't know why you would, but still...)

PS: 2 days till CIV is out here in Oz...

I've been successful giving them some cash now and again. That temporarily boost your trading bonus to them. I give everything between 20-100 gold, depending on how much I have spare. This is just a bandaid solution though, as that bonus soon evaporates. So you gotta check relations often to see if another small cash gift is needed.

Comment

Gifting isn't really effective. What is effective is giving the AI something when they ask for it. They may ask for tribute, or for help (those are different). If you give them, they're going to be happy.

Once at war, all you can do is wait until the civ is willing to talk to you, and then ask them what they want for peace.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

After a civ declared war on me (which turned very ugly for me), I tried reloading back about 20 years, and no matter what I did, him declaring war seemed unavoidable. Tried lots of different approaches.. multiple gifting, gifting different things, etc...

Newt

Comment

If you really want to attempt to avoid war that seems inevitable, try switiching your state religion to theirs. That will be more effective than gifting for most.
          "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
          Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

It's better to anticipate war (IE borders clash on pangea and you know either you or (s)he will expand at other's expense) and pump out defensive units first, followed by skirmishers second and combined arms offensive army next.

I found that if you bolster your military, AI will not declare as soon.

Otherwise, sometimes war is inevitable.

Comment

Working...
            X