Gutted - No Mushroom Clouds :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutted - No Mushroom Clouds :(

Well totally disapointed, nothing more fun then nuking your arch enemy, and to hear the air raid siren and then the boooommmMMMMMM and mushroom cloud .... well nope no more, all you get is a lamo message saying "your nuke has exploded" .... wippiieeee .......

Anyone else found that Civ4, although looks fantastic, is actually pretty lame compared to Civ3, which was much more polished, just seems Civ4 needs some more time to mature and get more features that Civ3 had built up ...

Ummmm... I see a mushroom cloud when I nuked a enemy city. I saw a really awesome one... Maybe you are haveing a graphic glitch or something.

Comment

Time to shift that disappointment to the patch department. My mushroom clouds are in glorious color and 3D! And that's good nukin'!

Comment

Hmmm may try re-installing the game again, i had the problem with my ATI card, which everyone on the planet seemed to have, which meant i had to run the un-packer thing ... that may be where i lost my mushrooms .....

Comment

Civ3, which was much more polished

Stop it, you are killing me
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

People tend to completely forget how bad Civ 3 sucked out of the box. It was about five or six months and a ton of patches later before there was an actual game there.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

could ut be that some effects are turned off depending on the graphic setting the game is on?
              While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

I think everything about your game worked fine. The civ you nuked probably had the SDI (75% chance of intercepting nukes). The white messages in the upper left tell you when they've built SDI, but like all other messages up there they hardly get noticed.

I tried to nuke once and got the same thing as you did. If you want to see the graphics (which ARE awesome) just nuke a city in a backwards civ that isn't likely to have SDI.

-Snafusmith

Comment

Pfft, I wish I could even see nukes... the first two games I played on Noble the UN shut everything down before I had a chance to produce any... I might have to play with aggressive AI and no Space Race victory to allow for modern wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                    People tend to completely forget how bad Civ 3 sucked out of the box. It was about five or six months and a ton of patches later before there was an actual game there.
                    Indeed. I don't because I played 3 games, hated the aggressiveness of the AI, as well as the culture flipping, and put it away.

I think Yin even liked Civ3 more than I did .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                    X