X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rhye

it's the feature variety.
    It can be 0, 1 or 2.
    The converter assigns automatically the variety judging on terrain and latitude seems to have an effect too. But you can edit the value editing the WBS with notepad

RHYE, regarding forest selection... where can I input/affect this 0,1,2 selection. Your converter has been amazing so far, but I can't find/realize where I should be looking for this option.

About half the time the converter gets it right, but the other half of the time I feel like I should give some input to ensure proper tree selection.

thanks!

-Zen Blade
    FARSCAPE......................

Comment

Well, I would say that NASA is the place to get maps of the Earth --- and rather large maps if one wants -- so large that the map will need future computers to play it!

NASA's Visible Earth catalog of NASA images and animations of our home planet

And more exactly:

Topography Maps!

Comment

Originally posted by Zen

RHYE, regarding forest selection... where can I input/affect this 0,1,2 selection. Your converter has been amazing so far, but I can't find/realize where I should be looking for this option.

About half the time the converter gets it right, but the other half of the time I feel like I should give some input to ensure proper tree selection.

thanks!

-Zen Blade
        the converter handles it automatically using the base terrain

Comment

But is there any way to affect how the converter chooses or how the program chooses where the forest should be type 0,1, or 2?

I have a map that I want to not be a whole world, but rather a just like North America, for example.

-Zen Blade

Comment

yes it is, editing the program itself

Comment

Number of players

Hey Rhye,

I can't seem to get #of players to work.

No matter what number I select, the game always starts with 8 players (or is it 7+barbarians... I forget).

any suggestions?

-Zen Blade

Comment

Wow! Fantastic tool. It took me a little while to get started, and to understand a few basic things...but now that I know how it works...it's brilliant

One thing still puzzles me though (Zen mentions this too): I set the players number to 3 and 8 players show up when I start the scenario...what am I doing wrong? Grazie.
                The Roman Kings scenario is now ready for play: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...tin.com/forum/

Comment

i noticed that ivory in the PDF is (128, 64, 64) and i was wondering why the maps i made didn't have ivory.

the correct color code for ivory is really (128, 128, 64)

although if you prefer it to be (128, 64, 64) just edit the file "BMPtoWBSConverter186.py" on line 53 to the color code you want

Comment

Well it looks like it's time to get back to work on my full world map that I did for Civ3 editting... I assume that it shouldn't be anymore difficult to change the colour palette to the new format... thanks loc, rhye and jesse.

EDIT: Okay... with a little reading... as one always should before they post... this is going to be a project. I just would like a confirmation on two things.

1. I really need to make 5 maps: height, terrain, features, river and bonus.

2. What is that largest size of map for civ4 that is reasonable for play? My map is a 2km resolution map... so how detailed do I need to make it not that I'm trying to be lazy or anything.
                    Last edited by OmniGod; April 4, 2006, 14:26.

Comment

Originally posted by OmniGod
                      Well it looks like it's time to get back to work on my full world map that I did for Civ3 editting... I assume that it shouldn't be anymore difficult to change the colour palette to the new format... thanks loc, rhye and jesse.

EDIT: Okay... with a little reading... as one always should before they post... this is going to be a project. I just would like a confirmation on two things.

1. I really need to make 5 maps: height, terrain, features, river and bonus.

2. What is that largest size of map for civ4 that is reasonable for play? My map is a 2km resolution map... so how detailed do I need to make it not that I'm trying to be lazy or anything.
                      1. You can do just the first 2 or 3 and put the rest with the world builder if you want. I prefer working on 5 bitmaps.

2. There isn't that I am aware of. The limit probably is when computer dies

Comment

And my computer seems to be dying a lot lately... stupid graphics... it's amazing that only after about 200 turns on a huge world it just dies.

Comment

what's the size of your huge world?

Comment

Working...
                          X