Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*smacks head* Right, this time, I forgot I had to start it by clicking the Default/EmptyScenario.py file, and not the application itself.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

I have made a number of maps with the original version of the utility I wrote before Rhye, Locutus and Jesse enhanced it (and gave it a pretty GUI ). They should be released before too long.

It's quite powerful for what started as one of my side projects and is very good at giving maps that look like real life if you put some time into it. Rhye's philosophy is somewhat different and prefers to mod things on a pixel-by-pixel basis as a WorldBuilder replacement.

Comment

Yes, you have to copy the wx folder from Assets/Python/System to C:\Python24 for this to work.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

How do you tell what the co-ordinate values are when in WBS mode so that you can assign starting positions?

Comment

At the moment that seems to be broken I'm sure it'll get fixed in a patch, but for now you'll have to guess or count manually Temporarily placing some fallout or some other rare feature in the tiles you want to use as starting locs would be a good workaround though.
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Is there no way to specify what type of forest is placed where, or am i missing something?
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                Is there no way to specify what type of forest is placed where, or am i missing something?
                it's the feature variety.
                It can be 0, 1 or 2.
                The converter assigns automatically the variety judging on terrain and latitude seems to have an effect too. But you can edit the value editing the WBS with notepad

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                  Yes, you have to copy the wx folder from Assets/Python/System to C:\Python24 for this to work.
                  so, it is 100% the right way?
                  If it's confirmed then i should add it to the tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by Rhye

it's the feature variety.
                    It can be 0, 1 or 2.
                    The converter assigns automatically the variety judging on terrain and latitude seems to have an effect too. But you can edit the value editing the WBS with notepad
                    Obviously i did miss something, thanks.
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

What plot numbers equals the different map sizes? I'm playing with the program now, but with 512 MB RAM and only 45 % of it available with windows running(before starting any programs), I can't have too large a size...

EDIT: Ummm... Forget that, I found an answer in the readme right after I asked...
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Question.

In the .pdf it explains how to do a river layer BMP. I'm working on trying this now. However it doesn't say whether the background of the river BMP needs to be painted green or not.

The picture example in the .pdf shows the rivers are painted directly onto the height BMP. Is that how it should be done or should we paint the whole backround green, like in the terrain and feature BMPs?
                        Currently working on:
                        A Song of Ice and Fire Mod for Civ 4!
                        Click me to find out more!

Comment

the green background is not necessary

Comment

Yeah I just read that. Whoops, sorry for the silly question.
                            Currently working on:

Comment

Erm. Is there an easy way to reverse the flow of rivers. I may have accidentally plotted then from the coast inwards, instead of the other way around, in my BMP.

*smacks self for being silly, again*
                              Currently working on:

Comment

Does anyone know why when I convert a .bmp and load up the game, it immediately says that I have been defeated and closes?
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X