Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAN and Internet Multiplayer

Heya guys!

Can't seem to find and fixes or mods on LAN/Internet games.
    When we play in LAN here, the game always seems to get intro trouble....resync is a well known phenomenon. And currently we experiense that the game closes all by it self during multiplayer games.
    It all works fine and dandy in singleplayer mode.

I was under the impression that the multiplayer aspect had been fine-tuned?
    Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

look in the playtest thread, and download the latest playtest that jbytheway posted it should have it...
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

cheers.

These were not the kind of fixes I was hoping for.
      And especially since they altered the apperance of the game, and included other changes then I wanted/needed.
      I was hoping for a straight out fixs for multiplayer, and making it more stable.
      And a fix that allows you to play online, as it is now, you cant find any servers etc...

Comment

There is still 1 server left. You have to download the servers.dat file from there to make it work, though.
        A lot of issues have been listed in the FAQ of the General/Help/Strategy/Multiplayer forum. The most interesting ones are probably Q57, Q67, Q35, Q63, and Q64.

Comment

Thanks alot for responding Fromafar

A26 In the options for setup of a multiplayer LAN game select 'Dynamic rejoin=on', this way if you lose anyone they can rejoin on their next go......It is possible to get the best civ-type LAN game out of CTPII!....no really
          This is not at all helpfull.
          The problem is more then just players falling out of the game. This also causes them to loose turns in Science and PW. So it's plain and simple ruining MPgames!

We're 3 users trying to play, and it's all good to a certain point.

I've made sure that all players have minimum graphics and other things that might be a burden to the syncronizing. But nothing seems to help.

So, not to be impolite, but your answer didn't help me actually solve my problem, but I do appreciate your input

I'm really staring to get frustrated with this problem, cause we're giving it a go this weekend too, and I really hope someone has a hint or two for me, to solve thos problem.

Thanks again guys! Appreciate the replies!

Comment

Originally posted by t0bbi
            edit......

The problem is more then just players falling out of the game. This also causes them to loose turns in Science and PW. So it's plain and simple ruining MPgames!

edit........
            I'm afraid that is the main problem with MP(in Lan) and at this point in time nothing fixes it The way i looked at it when playing, was that it became a hidden level of corruption in the game. As it happens to all players you all kinda suffer the same.......its not great if your trying to play very competivly though. BUT i still had a few fun months of Lan playing in CTP2......even with all the bugs,resynchs,losing units(although this was only seen once - and maybe it was down to too many hours playing ) etc.

CTP2 was shipped kinda broken, as most know - hopefully after the source code project has run its course all these issues can be fixed to reflect the great potential CTP2 has in being one of the best TBS civ type games around.
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
            X