No announcement yet.

Article: Civilization 4: Maps Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sirian -- I am LOVING the Terra map! Thank you!

How much bigger is "Terra" than the normal-sized equivalent map? Is it just wider longitudinally -- or across-the-board?
    "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

For reference, the one in my screenshots is a "huge" map. I think the one on the on-line guide is "standard".

Comment

Sigh, this is all Greek to me. The game I ordered from Amazon is in transit. I'm sure I'll understand when I get it. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

I was disappointed not to find a few map scripts in the game the names of which we got to see in Sulla's tutorial (which still seems to be down ), but I'm terribly grateful for this guide. These maps look so great... especially the fantasy map! Crazy resources, four-way map wrapping... mmm. I wonder how the AI handles that...

Comment

have you checked the custom game part of Single player? Lots of maps are only available there. Still playable, of course.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I love the Terra map! It's a blast. Next up is Ice Age, I think.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It doesn't seem like the "balanced" maps are working properly. Aren't they supposed to guarantee that all civs are relatively close to all strategic resources? I've played several balanced maps where there was no copper, stone, or marble anywhere near me. At least I've never had a game without iron...

Comment

Yesterday I played a "balanced" map on multiplayer where I was surrounded on three sides by Ice and snow, where my opponents starting cities were not. I did have both copper and iron in range of my capital, so I guess that is what was "balanced" about it.

Terra maps are fun, but on medium size on Prince level it is HARD for me to survive the extremely close quarters of the old world.
                  "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Fantasy Map?

Anybody when/if this Fantasy map is going to be available?

Comment

Yeah I want the fantasy map as well

Comment

I found out I don't like many of the scripts. But since there are many, there are a few I like. These include, in this order:
                        Ice Age.
                        Pangaea.
                        Inner Sea.
                        Terra (would be great if the ai could know there's another continent out there).
                        I've never been a fan of archipelago maps, but I'm really disappointed with the continents map, where I tend to always end up alone on my continent when I'd like to have neighbours. Maybe I'm consistently unlucky here, or there are either too many continents for my taste on normal map.
                        Another thing I think could need more work: The distribution of deserts/prairies/plains sometimes seems to make no sense. You sometimes get nice big deserts, and sometimes strips of deserts and prairies on the same latitude with no hills or mountains in between which would explain the climate change.
                        Clash of Civilization team member
                        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I like archipelago/tiny islands . . . better than islands since in islands, each start island is big enough not to be a challenge. Nice to have to build on 2 square islands or travel long distances to expand.

Comment

We want fantasy map!

And all other still unreleased maps.
                            First as free download, and next time implemented in official patches.

Comment

Is the Highlands map intentionally resource poor? It seems to have a lower density of special resources than the continents map, which I usually play.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

What does "shuffle" do exactly?

Comment

Working...
                                X