Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY 2194 Planning & Execution Thread

Reminders:
    • Never ever put anything else than stockpile energy in the queue.
    • To have a maximal chance of finding worms, move the scout rover in Southern Arcadia constantly between (0.58) and (1.59).
    • To have a maximal chance of finding worms, move Rolling Thunder II constantly between (62.32) and (63.31).
    • To have a maximal chance of finding worms in Northern Arcadia, move the hoplites as often as possible over (86.14) by making use of the rivers. Of course make sure that no other unit is on (86.14) while moving towards it.
    • To have a maximal chance of finding worms in Northern Arcadia, the rover needs to move constantly between (83.33) & (84.32).

Running plans
    • The crawler north of Hero's Waypoint should rehome to HW and then move to the nut bonus two tiles south of ARC.
    • Fusion labs should be crawler-hurried in AU & FS.
    • Move the F-8 in ARC to Kel Harbour.

Suggestions for next year
    • Hero's Waypoint will riot I fear as I moved the airforce out of that base. To minimize the loss, we could here too switch a bunch of workers to engineers and reduce the mineral production to zero. Also better move the B-4 in Fort Sol to HW as temporary garrison until the civil guard is finished.
    • Upgrade the crawler just finished in ARC and hurry a bioenhancement center with it?
    • Crawler-hurry a creche in MT? Or wait until we can replace the lost crawler?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Economic Statistics for MY 2193:

Minerals per turn:

Spartans: 316
    Zakharov: 20
    Morgan: 233
    Data Angels: 65
    Yang: 225

Industry rating (minerals per row):

Spartans: 10
    Zakharov: 6
    Morgan: 9
    Data Angels: 9
    Yang: 5

Mineral rows per turn:

Spartans: 31.6
    Zakharov: 3.33
    Morgan: 25.89
    Data Angels: 7.22
    Yang: 45

Energy Credits per turn:

Spartans: 165
    Zakharov: 33
    Morgan: 241
    Data Angels: 18
    Yang: -7

Labs per turn:

Spartans: 364.8
    Zakharov: 36.4
    Morgan: 199
    Data Angels: 28.8
    Yang: 109
    Last edited by Zeiter; November 16, 2005, 20:04.
    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

I also believe we have to start the build-up for an attack this turn, on whomever

Comment

(Copied from "the current target" thread):

-------------------------

Militarization Plan Golden Dawn:

Objective: To create an industrial production and mobilization plan for launching a successful attack on the Morganic Empire by MY 2199 (before they acquire fusion power).

Important considerations:
        *As of MY 2193, the Morganites possess no capabilities for land-based counter-attack (no high-weapon land units).
        *As of MY 2193, the Morganites possess 12 high-weapon aircraft, of which 7 are tactical SAM-capable aircraft. Therefore, the Spartan invasion force should have a minimum of 12 aircraft.

The city-by-city rapid militarization plan for Laconia:

Fort Buster: Can build two ELITE F-8's (40 mins each) in four years with a little rushing. Or, alternatively, two chaos lifters (same cost).

Olympus Academy: Can build two ELITE F-8's (40 mins each) in four years with minimal rushing. (or, chaos lifters).

Rio Grande: Can build two F-8's (40 mins each) in four years. (or, chaos lifters).

Santiago Citidel: Can build two F-8's (40 mins each) in four years with a minimal amount of rushing. (or, chaos lifters). Can also send its ELITE 1-<3>-1 sentinel along on the GH cruiser (see below).

Messena: Can build either two B-8's or two chaos choppers (both 30 mins each) in four years.

Gythium Harbor: Can build at least one ELITE cruiser transport (min cost 30, capacity 8 units) in three years. Furthermore, this cruiser transport would have 8 moves/turn, allowing it to unload in Vander Eudaimonics in just two turns, setting sail from Gythium Harbor.

Minas Tirith: Can build one chaos rover (cost 30 mins) in two years (with some rushing) in time to be shipped off on the GH cruiser transport. Can also send along its Battle Ogre.

Two Nuts Strand: Can build one chaos rover (cost 30 mins) in two years, in time to be shipped off on the GH transport.

Sparta Command: Can build one really sweet Amphibious chaos rover (cost 40 mins) in three years with minimal rushing in time to ship with the GH transport. Can also send along its Battle Ogre.

Vladivostok: Can build one chaos rover (30 mins) in two years with minimal rushing in time to ship with the GH transport.

Sector Craterwest: Can send along its ELITE Kaj Kaoos (perhaps upgraded), its F-6 (perhaps upgraded), and its Battle Ogre along with the GH transport.

Total Laconian invasion force:

*1 cruiser transport (cargo 8)
        >>>Cruiser transport land unit team:
        ***3 Battle Ogres (can help with defense and drone control)
        ***1 ELITE 1-<3>-1 sentinel
        ***3 chaos rovers
        ***1 amphibious chaos rover

Air Units:
        *4 ELITE F-8's (or chaos lifters)
        *4 other F-8's (or chaos lifters)
        *2 offensive aircraft (either bombers or choppers)
        *1 F-6 (could be upgraded)
        *1 ELITE Kaj Kaoos (could be upgraded)

Total air units: 12 (9 with SAM capability).

But that's not all. That's just the eastern Laconian invasion force. We also have productive capacity in Northern Arcadia and troops in Southern Arcadia at our disposal, with which we could mount an attack on the western coast of Morgania:

Troops on hand already in Southern Arcadia:

1 Mercury Class transport (cargo of 4, can be upgraded for cargo of 8). This transport is 4-5 turns away from southwestern Morgania. If it set sail in MY 2194, it could reach Morgania in MY 2198 or MY 2199 and engage in a deadly simultaneous joint two-front attack with the Laconian force.
        >>>Troops that can be shipped with the transport:
        ***1 Missle infantry (this one and all the following ones can be upgraded)
        ***1 Janissary
        ***1 Steppenwolf
        ***1 R-112 Amphibious Missle attack rover
        ***1 ELITE Skanky's Sileni
        ***1 Citizen's Defence Force
        ***2 ELITE probe teams

Southern Arcadian air force (but not all of these need participate in the invasion of Morgania):

*3 F-8's (with fission reactors). Note: one of them is ELITE. Also note: these and all below could be upgraded.
        *5 B-6's
        *2 B-4's
        *3 F-6's
        *1 ELITE Kaj Kaoos

Total air units in Southern Arcadia: 14 (of which 6 have SAM capability).

Militarization plan for Northern Arcadia:

Tegea Harbor: Can build 1 F-8 or chaos lifter (both cost 40 mins) in three years with minimal rushing.

Fort Superiority: Can build 3 ELITE B-8's or chaos choppers in three years.

Arcadia University: Can build 1 B-8 or chaos chopper in three years.

Ironholm: Can build 1 F-8 or chaos lifter in three years with some rushing.

Argos: Can build 1 F-8 or chaos lifter in three years.

Total three-year production capability for Northern Arcadia: 7 aircraft (of which 3 have SAM capability).

------

Summary of forces available (including already existing forces and forces to-be produced according to the militarization plan) for Operation Golden Dawn:

Eastern Laconian force: 12 air units (9 with SAM capability), 8 land units.
        Western Arcadian force: 21 air units (9 with SAM capability), 8 land units.

...invasion strategy will be formulated shortly...

--------------------

I also believe we have to start the build-up for an attack this turn, on whomever
        I absolutely agree. I suggest we get going on this immediately. Non-military production in the essential productive regions in MY 2194 needs to either be rushed and wrapped-up very quickly or switched to military production as per the Golden Dawn militarization plan.
        Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

See other thread
          Last edited by Maniac; October 30, 2005, 10:58.

Comment

Whoa, I just noticed we had a transport in Northern Arcadia. That means we could produce an ELITE amphibious chaos rover there in Fort Liberty in two turns (cost 40 mins). Then we could build a sweet little ELITE 6-3-1*2 unit (cheap--30 mins) in one turn. Then, we could MM a sweet ELITE drop chaos rover (cost 50 mins) in one turn with that crawler working two minerals on (85,17). If we started this in MY 2194, we'd finish production in MY 2198, meaning we could set sail that year and reach Morgania (maybe establish a beachhead at Morgan Mussels) in MY 2199, right on schedule for the now three-front attack!

In order to make it so that the cruiser transport has enough moves to enter into Morgan Mussels after the city has been emptied, we'd need to move the transport one tile to the NE out of Gagarin Memorial in MY 2197. Or, if we switched to power in MY 2198, we could leave the transport in Gagarin Memorial and still get to Morgan Mussels in two turns (because the transport would be elite and would have 8 mp's).

Comment

I will be MIA the next turn. I am visiting my girlfriend who is working in Jordan, so I will be gone for about a week. I'm sure you all can manage though Good luck!

Comment

Turn downloaded. I can play half the turn tonight, post some suggestions and plans.

Comment

It appears that we could even push the invasion up one year to 2198. The reason for doing so would be that Morgan could, conceivably, get fusion by 2199 if they sped up their research just a little bit. It seems to me that the key to this is going to be getting them before they get fusion. Therefore, in order to launch the invasion by 2198, we'd need to ready the Laconian and the northern arcadian cruisers by 2197, which is doable.

I suggest we rush all items in the key bases not related to military production this turn, and, furthermore, do it in such a way that the next item in production will have 10 free minerals to start out with.

Comment

And for the hydroformers we could simply retire the design.
                    Will open the turn now. Sorry I didn't do it earlier...

Comment

I see the new University base has stolen some good territory from Arcadia University.

Btw, do we want to stick to the plan of building fusion labs in AU & FS, and a creche in MT?

Comment

One thing I think we missed last turn is that between 2192 and 2193 the Angels captured Yang Mine

(In the 2192 turn one can see their rover in the base picture)

Using the parallel diplomacy procedure, Yang will ask us to join in his vendetta with Morgan. If we refuse, he'll ask for Orbital Spaceflight. He'll pay 75 credits for it

If we then ask to co-ordinate battle plans, he'll ask to exchange maps. If we do, he'll suggest we join him in regaining Yang Mine for the Hive.

It might be worth it, for the 75 credits - but I wouldn't go as far as exchanging maps, even altho the others prolly have decent ones via the University (or from lal while he was still a factor)

And re the Uni taking those two forested river tiles - that's a bummer. (We can always reclaim one by moving that crawler 1 tile north and working it, but he has a worker on teh coastal one)

Comment

Some notes:

It would cost 60 credits to upgrade the drive engines in our 2 Mercury-class cruiser transports (140 credits to upgrade them to fusion 3-res trance deep radar vessels (the 3res and trance are free with fusion if building from scratch, but not for upgrades)

I say we spend the 60 credits (after all, their carrying capacity doubles from 4 to 8 then)

Comment

Threatening Zak with dissolving the Pact if he doesn't concede that new base to us won't work.

If we ask him to co-ordinate his battle plans it seems he's going after Yang Mine as well

Comment

To Do
                              • Ironholm production needs to be limited to 15 minerals.

Running plans
                              • After the condenser south of SC1 is finished, one former should move a tile south to build a road there preparatory (does that word exist?) to building a mine later.
                              • Tomcat-IB could perhaps go build a road on the nut bonus NE of Vijayanagar.

Actions
                              • Another formed joined the borehole crew near GH.
                              • Tidal harness under construction near GH & VV.
                              • Tomcat-VV1 joins the condenser construction near its home base.
                              • Forest started NE of FS. (Ok?)
                              • Mine started south of TH.
                              • Forest started SW of SC3.
                              • Did worker shuffling in HW, FS, MSN, FB, SC1, SC2, GH & OA.
                              • Set about all base production either to a supply speeder (placeholder production, or to feed minerals to our bioenhancement centers) or a conventional missile (placeholder before we use crawler-hurrying to rush some unit).
                              • Bioenhancement center crawler-hurried in ARC.
                              • Rehomed some crawlers to ARC further establishing its position as the central production center of Southern Arcadia.
                              • Some crawlers are activated. Will move them later. Eg the SC2 crawler currently on a condenser can move to the empty mine between GH & MT.
                              • SCC Vladimorei sails to DF for repairs.
                              • The VIJ scout rover flamed the spore launcher without getting a scratch.
                              • Rolling Thunder II withdraws to 2NS for repairs.
                              • SCC Invincible also starts withdrawing to 2NS.

Questions
                              • What to build or hurry this turn in our bioenhancement centers. Keep in mind we can cash in a nearby crawler should we wish to build a more expensive unit in one turn.
                              • Do we want to build extra bioenhancement centers in some bases?
                              • Any order suggestions for the remaining formers?
                              • Zeiter, do you perhaps want to move the military units this turn? You of course have a better overview of what needs to be done according to your military plans. And I'm not sure I will be able to turnplay long tomorrow.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X