PBEM Bug Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM Bug Thread

Hey guys. Let's try to keep this thread to BUGS ONLY. No discussions, no whining, just accurate descriptions of bugs you've encountered while playing a PBEM.
    [list=1][*]In a 2 player PBEM game, the host (Ayronis) was renamed to "DIOMEDES", which is the name of my computer on turn 2 of the game. I do not know why. It is renamed on both my machine and his, and the save files now use "DIOMEDES" as his player's name. Also, it erased his password.[*]If you hit "cancel" to the password prompt, it lets you in anyway.[*]I cannot find a way to set up a game with players and let them set their own passwords. [/list=1]
    Last edited by Inverse Icarus; October 27, 2005, 20:18.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

II, i suspect the bug #1, you should edit your .ini file - i noticed my .ini file stole my computer's name as the name of my player in MP
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
      II, i suspect the bug #1, you should edit your .ini file - i noticed my .ini file stole my computer's name as the name of my player in MP
      It changed HIS name. Also, it "forgot" he set a password.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Update:

It would seem that if I double click on the game file in windows, it automatically opens the Program and loads the game. When I did this for the first time this morning, it restored my name, but not my password.
        I keep a record of all my civ games here.

aÅ¡tassi kammu naklu Å¡a Å¡umeri ṣullulu akkadû ana Å¡utēÅ¡uri aÅ¡ṭu
        "I am able to read texts so sophisticated that the Sumerian is obscure and the Akkadian hard to explain" (King Assurbanipal of Assyria 7th century BC)

Comment

Working...
        X