Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also getting error after applying patch and unpak

-ERROR-
    Initialize Renderer failed. Check DirectX Installation, Latest Graphics Drivers and Graphics Settings Parameters

-Width =1024
    - height =768
    - flags = 0xc
    - hwnd =0xc0272
    - adaptrid =0
    - deviceid =3

Error: Creation failed: Invalid 3D device type

also my video card is up-to-date

Comment

• Working now

After loading the omega drivers and tweaking the settings i was finally able to get the game to work

Comment

• stryker1984 can you explain what tweaks you did to your graphics settings, because me and you seem to get the same porblems.

Comment

• I'm running SP1 on a Raedon 9700, and I was having errors after patching to 1.52 -- mainly, my videos wouldn't play, leaderheads wouldn't show up in games I made, graphical anomalies on the map, and text disappearing. After using the fix detailed here and creating a new game, it looks like everything is fine.

Comment

• I must be missing something huge. This is in my Firaxis Games--> Civ 4--> assets folder.

Comment

• I cant find the "Art0.FPK" file at the assets map...

I know where look and the file simply aint there, pl help me...
              "God made the herb, man made alcohol. Who do u trust?"

Comment

• Is there any plans to release the patch that is working for all users? I tried most "fixes", edited .reg files, deleted "my folder" files, reinstalling the game and so on.

Come on! It aint suppose to be this hard to aply the patch? BTW the game workes fine since 1.00 and I never had any problems playing it. Works like clockwork at 1.52 but since all future mods relly on 1.61 I´ll need it!

Comment

• One VERY easy solution is to simply giveout the patch in a zip/rar file so I can unpack it to my civ4 directory.

ATM the patch says that I got no civ4 dir...!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cubric
                    I cant find the "Art0.FPK" file at the assets map...

I know where look and the file simply aint there, pl help me...
                    if you patched the game, the file is removed. do a clean install, u'll find the file there

Comment

• Tried both methods (PAK and unofficial utility) to no avail.
                      Still stuck with same message...
                      Help, HELP!
                      (got a European version of Civ 4)

Comment

• As of 4:30 pm Central, 09/22/06, the link to the patch is dead (404). Is there anywhere else to download the patch from?

Some Other Guy

Comment

• Am having the problem at the start of the load it get three quarters of the way through then I get a message.

Failed to Initialize Renderer - Check Direct X Version and Graphics Setting.

Am running Wiondows 2000 and have tried the unofficial fix but it still won't work and the latest fix is offline.

Any ideas or help guys would be appreciated.

Damo

Comment

• I tried everything what was posted here.
                            Still didn't work for my Nvidia Gforce 6600 GT.. :'(

When I try to start the game it gives me the loading screen on the desktop and then a small screeen with a loading bar...when teh loading bar reaches "Init Audio"..the screen disappears and it's like I never even tried to start the game.

So frustrating...need pils...

Comment

• Originally posted by Synoptichawk
                              I tried everything what was posted here.
                              Still didn't work for my Nvidia Gforce 6600 GT.. :'(

When I try to start the game it gives me the loading screen on the desktop and then a small screeen with a loading bar...when teh loading bar reaches "Init Audio"..the screen disappears and it's like I never even tried to start the game.

So frustrating...need pils...
                              boy i know THAT feeling

Comment

• dont work

erm i have the same problem as the other guy i have custom assests not assests the other thing is that it worked before then suddenly stopped working and came up with this message and ideas im goin mad

Comment

Working...
                                X