New fix for the renderer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UnPak

I used the Pak-Unpak utility and followed your instructions about unpaking it into the CIV4>Assets folder, but there were no additional files in that folder after I finished the Un Pak procedure. So I did it again. Still no additional files in that folder. I did go ahead and move the Asset0 file to a different location tho.

My ATI drivers are 6.14.10.6458.
    My CIV4 patch is 1.61.

Comment

• i have BTS and i get the same error... would this fix work? cuz there's no Art0.fpk file on the assets forlder of my civ IV..

*how will i know what ATI driver i have installed?
      * i have patched the BTS with 3.13
      *before i installed the BTS my Civ 4 game (main) game works (patched with 1.52)

please help i sooooooo want to play and i envy those that had theirs working already....

Comment

• What if I dont have an art0.fpk in the assets folder?? I have like asset01.fpk asset02.fpk and crap like that...???

Comment

• I think that's no longer relevant with the various patches, they included this fix as part of one of the early vanilla patches (1.52 I think).

You probably need to fix your DirectX install (www.gamesforwindows.com) if you have an error similar to this; or you have an incompatible video card.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Doesnt help those who wasted their money for whole CIV4 collection.

BECAUSE patch check doesnt recognize installed CIV4s! So cure is not to use those patches.

at least mentioned 1.52, or Boyond the Sword version 3.02. At final test I am checking with 3.13 version....

DirectX reinstalled, but like others lately in this tread game worked 2-3 weeks (returning time conviniently passed) until the failure appeared.

Comment

• If you're using 3.13 the (original) renderer error should not be the issue (as with most of the folks in this thread); it was entirely corrected well before BtS. If it takes weeks to show up, it's probably a hardware failure of some sort (ie, video card being overburdened by too large a map/too many civs too late in the game).

Comment

• Didnt help.

Thoses patches doesnt recognize that there is installed "Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete"

When the patch for that may be published?

Comment

• ok, so instruction is to buy new craphic card/PC. Very fine.

Comment

• Reinstall the game.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by norwin30
                      Didnt help.

Thoses patches doesnt recognize that there is installed "Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete"

When the patch for that may be published?
                      These patches are intended for very early versions of Civ. They would not be necessary for Civ4 Complete - that is fully patched (except maybe BTS 3.13? Not sure about that.)

What graphics card/cpu/ram do you have?

Comment

• Same Issue

nVidia GE Force 9800 GTX. I am sure that the cause was a series of patches pushed out by microsoft because the game worked great before that.

Comment

Working...
                        X