New fix for the renderer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Collorado
    After having problems with the original PAK-tool I managed to extract all the files from art0.fpk with the alpha fpk_tool. Now I have many new folders in my assets directory (and removed the art0.fpk). The render-error disappeared. Instead, loading the game is stopped at the moment it crashed before and I am thrown back on my desktop without an error message.
    I have win2k and a Sapphire Radeon9600 Atlantis. It works for so many people, i don't have a clue what to do now?
    There should only be one new folder, namely art. It should contain several subfolders.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by roboczar
      Gramphos' tool *appears* to do everything right, but there's no way for us to know whether it actually is.

All the error log messages I'm getting now have to do with not being able to open certain files that were unpacked by his tool. I've posted them earlier in this thread.
      Someone verified that he had got the game working after using my tool, so it does work. (Also Trip would know if the released Art0.pak contained compressed files, which aren't currently supported by my tool, and if he says my tool works it works.)
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Doesn't work. Still stuck at rendering error.
        Catalyst 5.10. 10 files updated by the DirectX 9.0c from the disc (at least the date showed it was tampered)

Radeon 9800 Pro 128 M
        AMD XP 2700+
        1 G DDR ram

Comment

• I've got a Mobility Radeon 7500 and this fix did NOT work for me. When I start a game I can see cities, and units, but not the ground or ocean. I've seen some other people mention they had the same problems, but all the responses say the game simply doesn't work with that card. However, the minimum system requirements, from the book, say:

"64MB Video Card w/ Hardware T&L (GeForce 2/Radeon 7500 or better) DirectX7 compatible sound card"

I believe the Radeon 7500 supports T&L (and so does Firaxis because they put it on the minum requirements), if this is the case why am I having these problems?

Here's what I see:

Comment

• the program doesn't work in windows 2000, unfortunately.

"procedure entry point "AttachConsole" wasn't found in kernel32.dll"

Comment

• I am assuming that my problem is my video card

What i have is a unichrom igp that came with my computer with 64 mb of ram.

I tried the separate user account after I tried the unpack option listed at the beginning of this thread.

I will probably go price some cards tomorrow unless someone tells me otherwise here.

Comment

• gramphos, your tool did work for me (win 2000 - radeon 9600). so thank you. all you win 2k users out there still trying to fix it. grab the alphapak tool from earlier in this thread and give it a shot, the worst you can experience is a reinstall of your civ. if some files are missing for the alphapak tool, just google for them, they are easy to obtain. i got the game running instantly and am now a complete addict 8)

Comment

• It work for me!!!!!!!!!!

x800xl 5.10, Xp sp2

back to the game!

thanks you the man!
                  It is well that war is so
                  terrible, else we should grow too fond of it.”. R.E. Lee 1863

Comment

• worked for me. 9600xt 256mb

Comment

• this didn't work for me radeon x600 256mb pci-Xpress
                      The problem file I have is an XML failing to load.
                      Works fine on a seperate pc running with an x800.
                      Please someone help I NEED TO CONQUER!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iiisamiii
                        I've got a Mobility Radeon 7500 and this fix did NOT work for me. When I start a game I can see cities, and units, but not the ground or ocean. I've seen some other people mention they had the same problems, but all the responses say the game simply doesn't work with that card. However, the minimum system requirements, from the book, say:

"64MB Video Card w/ Hardware T&L (GeForce 2/Radeon 7500 or better) DirectX7 compatible sound card"

I believe the Radeon 7500 supports T&L (and so does Firaxis because they put it on the minum requirements), if this is the case why am I having these problems?

Here's what I see:

Hi -
                        I'm not sure about ATI flavoured cards but is the 7500 necessarily the same as the Mobility 7500? Graphics card manufacturers do tend tp package "reduced" versions of their cards for laptops etc.

Hope this helps

Steve
                        I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

• Hi there,

what else do I need to get Gramphos program run. I'm at work now, and would like to install Gramphos prg. when I get home, on my Win2k SP4 PC, to fix the renderer problem.

thank you
                          Ralf

I think of those VB runtime stuff, or other system related files. I already have the newest ATI catalyst driver, some omega drivers, the DX removal tools (it was realy late last night ).

Comment

• GeForce 3 and it works! Finally!

Comment

• Hi there,

what else do I need to get Gramphos program run. I'm at work now, and would like to install Gramphos prg. when I get home, on my Win2k SP4 PC, to fix the renderer problem.

thank you
                              Ralf

I think of those VB runtime stuff, or other system related files. I already have the newest ATI catalyst driver, some omega drivers, the DX removal tools (it was realy late last night ).

Comment

• Originally posted by shazbotian
                                HOLY SHAZBOT!! Switching user accounts... worked!!! ARRGGGHH!!!! I'm going insane!!! Six hours after i bought this steaming pile of crap and all i had to do was make a new user account?! ARGG!!!

Well, unfortunately, I gota sleep. Hope that helps some of you people.
                                Steaming pile of crap? Hey, if you don't want the game, I'll gladly take it from you.

Unless you want to retract your statement?

Comment

Working...
                                X