New fix for the renderer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it works, kind of-

cannot run in full screen mode, only windowed. renderer init failure if fullscreen = 1.

amd 64 3000+
    1024 mb ram
    ATI x700 pro (256 mb) agp 8x

if not fullscreen, it loads. otherwise, it doesnt work so the problem isnt totally solved.

Comment

• Another success story! Radeon 9550. Worked like a charm without issue, so I can finally play this game.

Originally posted by McKeu
      Question: Will this work for European Version? Might fix my probs with ingame videos, too...
      if you can even get so far as to see the ingame videos, then you are not experiencing the problem that this fixes, so this will not help you.

Comment

• I tried this method and it fixed the renderer error, but now I have a new problem. When I try to play over LAN, the game crashes after a few minutes, giving me a "No Signal" message on my monitor, and then I have to hard restart my computer. Is anyone else having this problem? I don't recall seeing that problem on other threads..

Comment

• The unpak fix worked for me.

I have an ATI X800XL.

By the way, it worked even though my drivers are back at the CAT 4.10 plus or minus 1 rev. (kept these drivers installed because all my other games work fine and I don't like to fix what isn't broken - latest drivers don't always work better).

Comment

• in regards to running only in windowed mode, there are no resolutions selectable under the drop down in options- i have uninstalled (completely) the drivers (yet again which is what probably screwed it in the first place) and reinstalled them - still busted

Comment

• Man, I can read...really.
              Last edited by RoBoat; October 28, 2005, 00:10.

Comment

• x800 XL here. problem fixed.
                In a minute there is time
                For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.
                - T. S. Eliot

Comment

• i found the solution to my fullscreen problem- if anyone else has it, i had a newer version of direct x also. firaxis said 9_26 which i have, and which their installer replaced on deletion. it also appears FEAR installs 9_27, which it looks like civ 4 is incompatible with for full screen mode (which is odd). renamed 9_27 so it wasnt the default version and rebooted...seemed to correct it.

Comment

• This fix worked for me, but I had a different problem:

I was able to load the game, but when I tried to load the tutorial I would lose all UI elements (Could see the backdrop and the game, but no menus, no screens, no text boxes, etc.)

Turning sound off in the ini file fixed the problem, but I didn't have sound. This fix appears to have fixed the problem where updating drivers (video and sound) didn't.

Comment

• Joy and Jubilation.

It works.

radeon 9600 xt
                      p4 3.2 800 fsb
                      2gc pc3200 ram

Comment

• Doesn't work.

WinXP Professional
                        P4 1.7ghz
                        512mb Ram
                        256mb Radeon 9600

Game loads, menu and all looks fine. Leonard Nemoy intro completely messed up. Once I load into the actual game, bricks and orange and purple lines everywhere. If I zoom in, or click the mouse a few times, the map 1/2 shows up, with messed up colors and parts blacking out.
                        Cursor is a box. Very upset.

Last edited by BigBear; October 28, 2005, 02:44.

Comment

• X800 pro works on this fix.

Had a problem, but that's because I didn't follow teh directions to the letter.

Comment

• Any word on if this works for the Mobility 7500?

Comment

• warlordship, what part did you not follow to the letter?

I've tried this and just about everything else I've seen here to no avail. Check out my post:

Some dude said something about making a new user account, so I guess I'll try that, but it seems to me like my files are corrupt or something.

Comment

• HOLY SHAZBOT!! Switching user accounts... worked!!! ARRGGGHH!!!! I'm going insane!!! Six hours after i bought this steaming pile of crap and all i had to do was make a new user account?! ARGG!!!

Well, unfortunately, I gota sleep. Hope that helps some of you people.

Comment

Working...
                                X