• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis

Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis

IT WORKS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Many thanks to those who found this out. You guys have done us all a favor!

Now if I could only solve the black maps on my 2 laptops

Comment

• I've tried everything, but nor working at all on my 2000

Thanx though...

Comment

• would this fix also work with nvidia cards? or only for ati cards?

Comment

• No one with WIn2000 is able to get it working (with the ATI problem).

Sorry.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Damn, can I buy XP over the internet with a download??

Comment

• Gramphos' tool works with Windows 2K.

If you are having the "Failed to Init Renderer" issue then it's worth trying on nVidia cards as well, as this operation isn't risky when performed correctly (and you can't really do anything worse than require a Civ 4 reinstall).

Comment

• Gramphos' tool *appears* to do everything right, but there's no way for us to know whether it actually is.

All the error log messages I'm getting now have to do with not being able to open certain files that were unpacked by his tool. I've posted them earlier in this thread.

Comment

• Flakmonkey:

sounds like you have uninstalled the game, and not re-installed it. Usually when uninstalling a game the folder will still be there, just empty.

On a side note, how does a video card have a problem with unPAKing files? Isn't that left up to the processor?

Comment

• Or are you saying that just by the presence of an ATI card, our computers are unable to do another unrelated task, which is unPAK a file very quickly?

Comment

• OK... this unPAKing thing isn't smooth... I've actually tried to find something other than WinZip to unzip the files and nothing seems to work... if it works on other 2000 OSes, what have you done to make it work??

Comment

• follow the instructions given earlier in Gramphos' post. it's exactly what you need to do.

Comment

• X800 XL

WORKING!!!

TY Firaxis for your dilligent work!

Comment

• OK I've tried the new alpha version, I just can't get it to unzip the files due to the kernel32.dll issue. What's up? I'm not that much of an idiot...

Comment

• Very nice! IT works!

I have RADEON 9600 Pro w/ 256 megs ram...

Thank you very much!!!!

/cheers for devs!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X