There will be no Civ5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There will be no Civ5

Based on the amount of people who are having problems with Civ4 I doubt there will be a Civ 5. Count Civ to go the way of MOO after MOO3

The problems seem to be driver-related more than anything, so it's quite possible that they release a patch once they know the configurations which don't run.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

How many people had problems when Civ3 came out? If it's more than what we're seeing here, then the bugs are no reason for CiV to never be released.
      Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
      +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
      http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

Yeah, get off the ledge and calm down.

Comment

This is a real positive thread. I've got driver problems, but the game works half the time anyway and I'm playing away. How about somebody post some solutions? Me first. Disabling firewall, virus protection and spyware detection seems to help on my 3 gig, P4, 512 RDRAM baby. Of course, if you have an open internet connection, (I've got RoadRunner,) I suppose something could creep in. I run more frequent scans as a result. Yeah, a patch would be nice.
          You will soon feel the wrath of my myriad swordsmen!

Comment

I really doubt they'd retire a much loved and hugely successful franchise because of a few bugs, especially when you consider the amount of people who are saying they love Civ 4. At first people hated Civ 3, but they went and made Civ 4 anyway!

Comment

Dude, increase your medication.

CivIV has been available for what....a week? And you're making predictions that the civ franchise is going to die? You must really be

A) Really upset due to whatever bugs seem to plague you or others.
              B) Just generally pessimistic.
              C) You truly have the gift of prophecy and the rest of us are too blind to see it.
              "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

Comment

MoO died because of MoO3's bascially non-existent gameplay. Civ4's is just fine -- even if you think it's mediocre, that doesn't kill a series. The technical issues will be patched.

Comment

Oh yes there will be a Civ 5! Take Two just bought Firaxis today, no longer merely the publisher, but the owner of the company. There are no personnel or staff changes. This is a vote of confidence in the Civ series by its publisher.

Given the sales of Civ 4, I'm betting on an xpack, a Civ 5, and maybe even a new SMAC if they can get the rights to it.

Comment

There's no way they would not make another CIV game despite the inital problems "some" people are having i can guarantee this release has been very financially succesfull. Why else would the publisher buy the people that made it?

Comment

Is there a time frame on a patch to solve some of these bugs? Such as:

intro skip
                      cheshire cat
                      black tiles

If it is a troubleeshooting issue, I'm haviing a hard time figuring out things.
                      Virginia Tech Hokies--->GO HOKIES!!! TechSideline.com

Comment

Re: There will be no Civ5

Originally posted by beeper917
                        Based on the amount of people who are having problems with Civ4 I doubt there will be a Civ 5. Count Civ to go the way of MOO after MOO3
                        Civ4 appears to be very successful, good sales and many happy customers. I think a lot of people will buy Civ5 when it comes out. I will buy Civ5 when it comes out.

Comment

In reference to the comments on MOO3. I got very frustrated with it when I came out but there have been some community patches put out that made the game very enjoyable since then. As for Civ 4 The game runs great on my system, except for tthe fact that all the movies are very choppy. Anybody have any suggestions on that?

Athlon 2800
                          Asus A7N8X-X mobo
                          1024 ram
                          Radeon 9800 (124mb?)

Comment

The problems isn't enough to kill the series, I'm sure cIV will sell plenty of copies, but this is very frustrating. ctp1 had good ideas, but stank. Strategy was almost as easy as civ1. People were unwilling to try ctp2, wich killed it. Ctp2 was fun, it had gotten rid of the game killing strategies, but looked too much like ctp1. Now civ is one of a kind, turnbased epic, so I doubt it's gonna die.

Comment

well, they could use it as an excuse to make SMAC2...
                              What type of idiot quotes himself
                              -paramir

Comment

Working...
                              X