Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to be the first to say Civ 4 sucks

Well, so far it has.

I won't go into how I get hte blue screen of death on my crappy windownsXP for the first time EVER...

I'll just simply say that this is the biggest dissapointment...

The gameplay is good. If you can get to it, that is.

I'm enjoying playing the game between the stuttering animations and 1.5 second delay between me issuing commands and the game doing anything.

Comment

I'm liking the game so far.

Religion is very fun.

I built the Oracle and was able to get Theology as a free tech. I then founded Chistianity as my religion. Well, I got a missionary and sent him to the Egyptian's capital and now they are Christian too!

Also, I just got a Great Prophet and built the Church of the Nativity with him.

This is great!

I am really enjoying myself. This is definitely much more fun than I had with Civ 3.

What kind of systems are you guys running Civ4 on? Maybe that is your problem?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Points and laughs at those who bought Civ 4 immediately only to be disappointed.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Sava found religion

Comment

Most people are having loads of fun with it, some just are havin a bit of bad luck.
            Your loss MrUnfun.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

*Points to bad CD disk.*

You know, its been about a thousand game disks since I had a bad one out of the package! That was certainly years ago. It's just Firaxis luck that it would be them that had to be the next "out of the factory broken" item.

I'm not going to cry though... got GC2 Beta 4 coming out tomorrow (or maybe early friday morning at latest), so I'll have something new and interesting to occupy me this weekend anyways, while I get the bad CD sorted out.
              -Darkstar
              (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                Most people are having loads of fun with it, some just are havin a bit of bad luck.
                Your loss MrUnfun.

By waiting to hear from others about the flaws of this game, and to decide next month whether it's worth it to buy the game after a good patch is available you can call me MrWise, not MrUnFun.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

By waiting to hear from others about the flaws of this game, and to decide next month whether it's worth it to buy the game after a good patch is available you can call me MrWise, not MrUnFun.
                  May be wise, but far too safe and careful to be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Disk Killer

May be wise, but far too safe and careful to be fun.
                    Leave me alone and go back to playing your bugged-version of Civ 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                      Sava found religion
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Firaxis can't be too pleased with whoever produced the packaging and discs... from the French tech tree to the bad CD's-- those kinds of errors should almost never happen. As thoroughly as the game is playtested, to have problems arising from the packaging is just the sorriest kind of mistake.

Comment

So other people are having issues with the CD, spcifically?

That's pesonally what I think it is, because when the game does load it works just great, but the whole stupid having to use the CD to load the game is just killing me.

I'm very ticked off to be honest.

First of all, one box of mine has a 64mb video card and I barely got the game to work, then another box of mine witha 64mb VC (though diff brand) got the game playing, but sounded like the box was going to blow. NOw, I go and get a 128mb VC and the game ismuch smoother, but it won't load cuz I get atapi.sys erros and the blue screen. Atapi is for the CD rom, so I don't know if it's bad code, or bad CDs, but I'd sure like to know if anyone else is having issues actually starting the game.

I'm a little less pist off now, since I played the game for a few minutes. But, then, I close the game and my comptuer suddenly restarted! Honestly, if I could get my money back I would, but if I open the CD-rom package I can't...perhaps in-store exchange.

Comment

Why can't you get your money back? If its a bad CD, that's a product fault. Should be fine to return. Just tell them your system either cannot read the CD, or has errors and stutters while trying to read it. They'll probably offer you an even exchange... which, if you want to play Civ4, you should take.

Of course, you can always contact Firaxis about it, and get a refund from them. They made a lot of noise over the years that if people had problems with Civ or hated it that much, contact them and send in the game for an actual refund. If they really mean it, there's a refund (for the loss of shipping it to them).
                            -Darkstar
                            (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

Originally posted by mikeasdf
                              So other people are having issues with the CD, spcifically?
                              2 or 3 times when it played the "wonder-videos" my dvd-player stuck somehow. I am not sure if the problem was the anti-virus in the background or if it was the dvd.

Comment

Working...
                              X