"Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application" error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application" error

Alright. I did not find anything anywhwhere else, so I am starting a new thread.

I get the "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application" error. I tried both CD's in the drive I installed from - no change.

I have the collectors edition. I have the latest drivers on all my hardware. I have rebooted a few times - no change. I have also attached a copy of my current dxdiag.txt.

Any suggestions or thoughts? The "official" support options don't answer the line and have yet to return my email.
    Attached Files

If you have any CD-emulation or copying apps in your systray (lower left of your screen), you can try to unload them before trying again; they may be interfering with the CD copy protection verification.

*This is more a guess from similar games, no Civ4 in Montreal until tomorrow

Comment

I got the error when using the quote-unquote "play disk". It fixed for me when I popped in the "install disk". Can you run the game via auto-start?

Additionally, I'd like to know if rebooting your computer and running the "install disk" fixes it. Try rebooting.

Still got the "initialize renderer" error though...

on a side note, not that I've gotten fully into the game yet, but has anyone noticed that you need the install disk in the drive to play? The "play" disk for me only has a single .CAB file in it...

(special edition, I believe.)

Comment

Yes, you need the install disc in the drive to play.

Comment

Turns out I did still have an emulation program installed that I haven't used in, I can't remember how long ago, for a school project.

Anyways - now I am up to the "can't initialize renderer error" - latest drivers, yadda yadda ... Only took me four hours to get this far in the installation etc etc .......

Comment

Working...
          X