• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Wars - Third Edition

Let's continue talking about Guild Wars

Thread 1
    Thread 2
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
    You have it easier as monk, somewhat. A good monk is worth his weight in gold. My next character to level will be a monk too. He's level 12 and in Yaks Bend, but I want to ascend my ranger first (tomorrow).

I guarantee you however, in the ascension quests you will see plenty of idiots again. They somewhat fade away later, in the last area.

EDIT (to clarify): These quests are a bit harder than the average and demand some discipline; who is not able to bring it up will spend a long time in these mission sites (especially Elona Reach) trying it and failing often, and so you will run into the same type of idjits again and again.
    Well, I think that now is the time when I'll spend much time with my guild of RL working people.

So far, I have spent very little time with them, because I only know one person there for real, and because I didn't play at the same time.

However, now that I'm a lvl19 monk, and a good one at that, I'm sure that even the unknown guys will know LOVE to quest with me
    And I'll love to quest with them as well, considering that it'sa group of engineers, who understand how to work through problems.

Besides, I'll start working on thursday, and thus my online time should pretty much coincide with theirs.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Guils Wars?

Kudos for the thread title though, it's better than "Guild Wars 3", which would sound like a sequel of the game rather than a thread enumeration.

Speaking of game expansions, what's with the rumors, that an XP will be released around January and raise the level cap to 40?

Comment

The rumor is correct apart from the level cap bit.
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

That's around January?

Great! (and ungreat, because I'll now have to assimilate the idea of shelling out yet another 30€ on a game)

Comment

Expansion, hmmmm

Im going to have to check out the fan sites
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I read an interview with the devs, where they say "first half of 2006" and don't mention any feature. So I don't hold my breath for January.

Comment

Although i have no clue whatsoever about the specifics of this expansion, it was indeed my understanding from pre-release that the level cap would go up with future expansions.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

How far is the level cap going to go up????
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

No information on that yet, only guesses.

Comment

there is a frog who talks about the expansion in game

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                        there is a frog who talks about the expansion in game

JM
                        where is the frog?

Comment

January? Previous reports didn't specify when in the first half of the year, and implied towards the June end. After all the summer update was almost the last day of summer.

Plus, I kinda hope it's not January. Need to get Civ4 and Quake4 played incessantly first.

Comment

Yeah. I'm already swamped in games as it is, without GW poking in again!
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

BTW, I'm amazed at how easy monking is now. I used to have a hard time when I was only with mercos in the northern shiverpeaks (at lvl 14 or so), but it's now darn easy, especially when I'm in a group that packs quite a punch.

I was in a group with 4 eles and a monk/ranger (who was only rangering), and we didn't die. The 4 eles shelled out immense damage, and simply remained alive without even a warrior tanking

Comment

Working...
                              X