X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I love the demeanor the dev (or whoever) is putting on.

Auction House
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

So the frog is intermittent?
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Haha. The Frog. He does seem to know a lot though.

Comment

I need an audience with the frog, if anyone knows when the next time he will show up please post here....
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Nifty I like the Frog idea.

Auction houses might bring me back to play some more. I'm never going to really love PvP i don't think, but i'd feel more useful doing PvE stuff and getting items to actually SELL ...

I suppose I should take my monk out to do the Titans quests sometime ... are they worth it?
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Ascended my ranger. The victory in the ... erm ... critical encounter to achieve this goal was very easy.

Spoiler:
                I just gave the doppelgänger four spirits each with 5 seconds casting time to cast in the first four slots, put apply poison in the fifth and three bow attacks in the remaining three. Wilderness survival low (apply poison needs to hold only until the next arrow hits), so the spirits do literally nothing (and even if they do it works for both of us!), marksmanship and expertise high. When he was done casting the fourth spirit, he was already at 10% health, but tough luck - there was no troll unguent to cast.

After I arrived in Dragons Lair, a monk asked me how I did it. The poor guy was stuck with his ranger in Augury Rock and had no clue how to finish ascension. He always packed super attacks and ****, but everytime got pounded.

Comment

LOL, apparently nobody played Prince of Persia...

Seriously, it's amazing how many people think they can simply hack-slash it. It was apparent from the first to me that wouldn't work ... it just took me a few tries to get the RIGHT combo.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    With my E/Me it took 2 tries. In the first I got PWND, but that was just the surprise effect, as I didn't know yet what waits for me there. In the second run I put lots of quick casted, low damage attacks (like Flare) in the first slots, and backfire and empathy in the last two. Elemental skills low (I didn't want to be hit too hard), Domination and Storage high. She backfired and empathied herself to death, taking ~80 damage each spell while hitting for 10, and died before I even needed to set off an attack myself.

Comment

I haven't reached that point yet (I'm stuck at the mission in maguuma where you must control the pillars before the White Coats). But I do wonder how the heck I can possibly win the critical encounter with my healing monk
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I loaded myself up with crap spells, but my other half didn't bother using them either.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                          I haven't reached that point yet (I'm stuck at the mission in maguuma where you must control the pillars before the White Coats).
                          Send a single runner to do your part and have the rest of your force standing at the bridge to one of the pillars. The mantle will send a runner. Let a ranger "Pin down" the runner (leaving it crippled for a while so it can't run) and kill it fast. Rinse repeat until your runner is done. Usually no repeat necessary, the mantle are rarely able to muster a second run. Don't bother about the other pillars.

But I do wonder how the heck I can possibly win the critical encounter with my healing monk
                          Spoiler:
                          I didn't put too much thought in it yet, and I don't know all buffs and spells for a monk either, but my take would be to give him a few buffs to cast with long casting timers, while setting the corresponding attribute low and use either Smiting or your secondary class to do damage. An interrupting skill is probably a nice to have, the AI sucks at interrupting you, but itself is very vulnerable for it.

Comment

By the way, Dragons lair was disastrous for me. My pet didn't zone with me (apparently the zones are fake and located on the same map), which cut my DPS in half, as I was set up as half beastmaster, half bowman. In the bonus fight I badly missed my interruption shots, which I had sacrificed in favor of two signets of capture, which both were used.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I actually managed the doppelgänger on the first go with my healing monk, but it took fifteen minutes
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Where is the Dragon's Lair?

Comment

Working...
                                X