No announcement yet.

Guild Wars - Third Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obvious mock aside, it does not talk very well of a game's depth, if high end players have tons of money and nothing to spend it for.

And how is that 'max'? Is it capped?

Comment

You can only have 1 mill in storage and 100k per player, so it's capped at 1.4 million.

Essentially Guild Wars gives everything to everyone, so aside from Fissure armour there is nothing to spend your money on. I have 1 fissure set (on my ele) and the helm for my warrior. The 15k warrior armour (except the helm) looks better so I kept that. For the necro I like the 8k tattoo best, so I kept that.

Comment

Re: Guils Wars - Third Edition

Originally posted by Spiffor
        Let's continue talking about Guild Wars

Thread 1
        Thread 2
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

The Frog

It has been said he declared he will only speak in International Districts...
          Attached Files
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
            Ascended my ranger. The victory in the ... erm ... critical encounter to achieve this goal was very easy.

Spoiler:
            I just gave the doppelgänger four spirits each with 5 seconds casting time to cast in the first four slots, put apply poison in the fifth and three bow attacks in the remaining three. Wilderness survival low (apply poison needs to hold only until the next arrow hits), so the spirits do literally nothing (and even if they do it works for both of us!), marksmanship and expertise high. When he was done casting the fourth spirit, he was already at 10% health, but tough luck - there was no troll unguent to cast.

After I arrived in Dragons Lair, a monk asked me how I did it. The poor guy was stuck with his ranger in Augury Rock and had no clue how to finish ascension. He always packed super attacks and ****, but everytime got pounded.
            Yeah that's exactly what I did. Too easy.
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              The worst part abour Dragon's Lair is noobies running through the portals when you need to cap skills.
              I want to post a picture of Glint but would that be considered a spoiler?

Yeah that is annoying so I wind up being bossy and demanded that everybody agree that I am the only person who has the right to decide when to exit a portal. Then everytime we kill a Facet, I'd verify with approrirate players to make sure they're ready then exit. It works and everybody's happier for it.

The only two annoying things are people quitting after getting their caps who tends to be monks. The other one is people not waiting for the group to decide on a plan for the bonus and they go ahead and grab an egg
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                Obvious mock aside, it does not talk very well of a game's depth, if high end players have tons of money and nothing to spend it for.

And how is that 'max'? Is it capped?
                According to this http://www.guildwars.com/community/f...-friday61.html

In fact, our statistics show that 50% of all active accounts have fewer than 10 platinum pieces, and 75% of all active accounts have fewer than 20 platinum pieces.
                Guess I'm one of those above-average players with my pittance of 40k .

It's also an interesting read about Anet's philisophy regarding monetary issues in the game.
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus

I want to post a picture of Glint but would that be considered a spoiler?
                  Nah, go ahead.

Comment

Hi mom! She followed me home, can I keep her, please?
                    Attached Files
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Victory! Now time for some scrambled dragon eggs. Better delicacy than devourers'!
                      Attached Files
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Is anyone still playing this?

Comment

Not right now
                          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I've been BLOOMING busy
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Ditto. I have four exams in November, AND there's Civ4! Civ4, damn it!
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Well, with the Halloween stuff I might pop in to check it out. Looks fun.

Now you can toggle capes and helms.

Comment

Working...
                                X