Warming Winter Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warming Winter Recipes

This is for something I've enjoyed for quite some time now- a hot cocoa mustard warmer.

And no, it's not a chest poultice or foot balm.

Ingredients:

I mug milk

2 teaspoons good cocoa powder

1/2 teaspoon mustard powder

1 teaspoon of honey or sugar

scant pinch of salt

Method:

Pour all but about a tablespoon of the milk into a pan and bring to the boil.

Measure the cocoa powder, mustard and salt into the milk left in the mug and blend well.

Pour the hot milk onto this, and stir until all is blended well. Sweeten to taste with the honey or sugar.

The mustard brings out the flavour of the chocolate and accents the sweetness, as well as warming you up.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Schnuggler: Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Schnoppz
    Monkey!!!

Comment

******s in Gravy

Ingredients:

1 pigs liver - diced
      1 pigs heart - diced
      6 rashers streaky bacon - cut into strips
      250g pork belly - diced
      2 medium sized onions - peeled and sliced
      1 egg
      100g breadcrumbs
      2 tsp of finely chopped fresh sage
      salt and pepper to taste
      a large knob of butter

Method:

Melt the butter in a large heavy based oven proof pan, add half the sliced onion and cook over a moderate until the onion softens.

Gradually add all the meats, stir for a few minutes then add enough water to cover the ingredients, leave uncovered and put in the middle shelf of the oven at 190oC for 50 minutes.

Remove from the oven, drain the liquid (to make the gravy), mince the meats and onion with the remaining onion, egg, breadcrumbs, 1 tsp of sage and salt and pepper, mix well and form into ****** sized balls.

Place the ******s into a greased baking tray and add enough of the reserved liquid to just cover the base of the tray. Cook for about 40 minutes at 200oC on the middle shelf.

In the meantime use the rest of the reserved liquid to make some gravy.

Five minutes before the ******s are cooked add the gravy to the tray and cook on the stove getting as much of the meat juices into the liquid.

Serve whilst piping hot with mashed potatoes and peas pudding, garnish with the remaining sage.

The great British ****** is full of flavour and a great belly warmer at this time of year.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
        Schnuggler: Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Schnoppz
        I've never heard of that, sounds geogeous!!

Comment

Hey, you're in there molly
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            Hey, you're in there molly
            Was it the "******s in Gravy" that caught your eye PH?

Comment

Who's eye wouldn't they catch?
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Rich, you gotta stop going after Molly. It's just unhealthy and sad.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

better genes.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    What che said
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      QFT

Comment

Warming Winter Recipes
                        Ingredients:

1 shot glass
                        1 bottle of vodka (please note any high proof liquor can be substituted for vodka)
                        Last edited by Dinner; October 18, 2005, 10:03.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

Was it the "******s in Gravy" that caught your eye PH?

What's truly sad about this post and the equally feeble one before it, is that it isn't even funny, let alone remotely insulting.

Calling someone who is gay, and has been out since he was a teenager a '******', is rather like, as my friend Carol said, pointing out to a black woman the colour of her skin.

It isn't news to me that I'm gay, it's not a big secret I'm afraid to let out of the bag, and I'm not in self-denial about it.

So perhaps you two might like to explore the (perhaps) extremely remote possibilities of getting yourselves lives- and reading some guides to adult humour- not x-rated humour, but humour for adults.

Anyways, another recipe to ward off winter's chill:

Ingredients:

1 can chick peas

1 large onion

3 cloves garlic

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (or to taste- not everyone is keen on cloves)

1 handful soaked raisins (soak them in orange or lemon juice)

healthy pinch of saffron

Cous cous or burghul wheat

Method:

Fry chick peas in olive oil with chopped onion, finely chopped garlic, ground cloves, soaked raisins and saffron. Add cous cous or burghul wheat and stock (use chicken or vegetable) in the proportion of roughly 2 parts stock to 1 part grain; bring to the boil, cover pan, and remove from heat.

Allow to steam for fifteen minutes and season with salt and pepper, or use harissa- a Moroccan chilli & spices paste available from many supermarkets.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

PH, com'on, drop that nonsense.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm seriously tempted to make the trek down to molly's with a pad of paper and a pencil and write down all his recipes
                              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Working...
                              X