Dont get a part in Solver's Preview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont get a part in Solver's Preview.

"Number of cities maintenance costs goes up as you build more cities in all your cities."

More cities in all your cities? You mean, build more improvements in the cities? Or those "hamlets".
    Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

I think it means: for each city you build raises the maintenace cost of all your cities. Remember that civ4 shall not have improvement maintenance cost but shall instead have city maintenance cost.

Fictional example:

3 cities cost each 5 gold/turn maintenance
    4 cities cost each 7 gold/turn maintenance
    5 cities cost each 9 gold/turn maintenance
    Last edited by kolpo; October 16, 2005, 13:28.

Comment

Yes, for each city you build, maintenance increases in every of your cities. And by the way, we have a big thread on this preview where this was throughly discussed .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

^^

Back to work in the second part!
        Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by kolpo
          I think it means: for each city you build raises the maintenace cost of all your cities. Remmber that civ4 shall not have improvement maintenance cost but shall instead have city maintenance cost.

Fictional example:

3 cities cost each 5 gold/turn maintenance
          4 cities cost each 7 gold/turn maintenance
          5 cities cost each 9 gold/turn maintenance
          So if I understand correctly (using your fictional example) having 3 cities will cost 10 gold/turn, 4 cities will cost 28 gold/turn and 5 cities will cost 45 gold/turn?

[q=GAZ]Dont get a part in Solver's Preview[/q]

There's also one part I don't understand:

[q=Solver]Part 2 on October 17![/q]

Why so late?
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Adagio, that's how I understand it as well.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

There's also one part I don't understand:

[q=Solver]Part 2 on October 17![/q]

Why so late?
              A master needs time to compose his prose.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

So if I understand correctly (using your fictional example) having 3 cities will cost 10 gold/turn, 4 cities will cost 28 gold/turn and 5 cities will cost 45 gold/turn?
                3 cities will cost 15 gold/turn, 4 cities 28 gold turn and 5 cities 45 gold/turn in my finctional example.

Comment

I must have been sleeping when I calculated it, I multiplied with 2 instead of 3
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Why so late?
                    so that all you lovely people have to thoroughly read, analyze and question each and every word of part 1
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Don't call me lovely .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I am.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

OK, so something which occured to me....If certain buildings, wonders, civics options and projects REDUCE city maintainance costs, then is it fair to say that someone could mod in buildings which INCREASE city maintainance costs? For instance, I was wanting to mod in a 'National Health' National Project/Wonder, and have it grant +2 health per city, but increase city maintainance by 10%. Will that be possible? Beta Testers?

Yours,
                          Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

That still seems strange to me. Civ3's approach tracked with me because the more you built, the more things needed maintenance.

I'm willing to see how it's implemented in cIV before forming an opinion.
                            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

IMO buildings that give a %age bonus should NOT have a static maintenance cost - mainly from a realism perspective.

Basically support cost should be proportional to usage - a library for a town of 1000 should cost less to maintain than one for a city of 1,000,000.

Making buildings not require maintenance is the same as a scaling cost - which happens to be based at 0%.

Basically the 0 cost model assumes that the buildings pay their own support cost from usage fees.

The second factor, the per-city cost, is that smaller cities with less infrastructure require more subsidies, larger cities are more self-sustaining.

Comment

Working...
                              X