[pbem] Play time - start after November 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [pbem] Play time - start after November 6th

Welcome one and all to a new adventure into new lands.

This be a game of discovery, a game of fun, a game to see what we can learn as we each step out into the dark.

So pack your swag, grab a torch, do not forget your sword and shield.

Personally not bothered how many players we have in this game, as long as all understand that is they go awol (that is away with no explanation) then their civ will be retired so that the game keeps some momentum. In other games I dare say the numbers should be only 4 - 5 players. In this lets try for the max

If you in for some fun, and enjoy civ, then feel free to join up.

Oh yeah, the start date is due to the release dates here in Oz. Seems the Wiz used all his magic up on a balloon for some Babe from Kansas... not sure what that means...

Well it is good that Civ IV is finally so close.. closer than Hell freezing over one could say.

-----------------------------------------

Players & Civ Requests

Paddy the Scot
    Rubychaser
    Sabrewolf
    Lord Nuclear
    Chrisius Maximus
    Makahlua

Game Details

Standard Game - No mods

We need to start getting some ideas for game details.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Paddy; October 13, 2005, 15:24.
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

we couldn't have waited for a pbem forum to open up? *sigh*

Comment

In.
      Long Live The Horde
      Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
      Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
        hahaha, now why waste such a perfect time to get all details sorted.
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

DETAILS??? What details?

Comment

DETAILS??? What details?
            Who wants to play
            Which Civs
            Turn order
            Game specifics such as map size

Many a fine point to be discussed by those looking to play.

H Tower, are you looking to play?
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

I agree with H Tower, this forum is now officially cluttered by all these pbem threads...
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Chill out Nik

Mark approves, and they will be moved to the new Civ IV pbem forum when he sets it up. That is why we have started the titles with [PBEM].

Nik, you may not be a pbem player, but there are a few of us around, and we have been very patient in our waiting to discuss how the various pbem games will operate.

These discussions are a major part of the game play, so chill out matey.

So far I see only a few threads. Last I looked there were near 100 active Civ III pbem games at this time. I expect that number to be surpassed in the coming 2 - 3 months with the arrival of Civ IV.

Nik, are you going to play?
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

I may not be a pbem player as for now, but I do consider if I should join the succession game. I doubt I'll play much MP, one because I don't like the idea much, but also because if I were to play MP I'd like to play peacefully with the other human civs, and it seems like that's not how most people play(being warmongers and not builders as me). A succession game might be it for me though. Or a MP game where the players agree to not go to war with each others all the time but rather cooperate. But then I'd need people from the same time zone, so who knows.

EDIT: BTW, I still think you should have your own forum for this already now.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

count me in too
                    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                      I may not be a pbem player as for now, but I do consider if I should join the succession game. I doubt I'll play much MP, one because I don't like the idea much, but also because if I were to play MP I'd like to play peacefully with the other human civs, and it seems like that's not how most people play(being warmongers and not builders as me). A succession game might be it for me though. Or a MP game where the players agree to not go to war with each others all the time but rather cooperate. But then I'd need people from the same time zone, so who knows.

EDIT: BTW, I still think you should have your own forum for this already now.
                      Nik,

not sure you understand the concept of PBEM - Play By E-Mail

in this players do not need to be in the same timezones old chap

And as posted, Mark has the forum issue sorted.
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Oh, I do understand that. That remark was directed to MP in general. Should have made that clearer...

Comment

Ok thanks for the clarification.

I am sure you will find many a builder with in the community that would be willing to play a builder pbem with you.
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

"If we post it, MarkG will come."
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                              X