[PBEM]Civ4 Succession Game #2: India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PBEM]Civ4 Succession Game #2: India

For those of you who want info on what a succession game is, see the first civ4 succession game thread ...

This is India, for a change. It's one of the most intriguing civs, with the 'fast worker' UU. Or maybe i'm just channeling Modo weird ...

Large Pangea is my idea for this one ... any other suggestions are gladly taken

As in the last one, Beta testers are gladly welcomed, and anyone who gets the game post 10/24 please post when you'll be available to play

1. Snoopy369
    2. Gramphos (11/1 or so)
    3. Sabrewolf (11/1?)
    4. Nikolai (11/1?)
    5. Ennet
    6. Edgar Newt
    7. Beta
    8. joncnunn
    9. Grandpa Troll
    10. John-SJ
    Last edited by snoopy369; October 26, 2005, 12:15.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

I'd like to join in as soon as my preorderedition is shipped from the US. Should probably take a about week after release.

I like India. Interesting UU if anything. I'm sure there are times when the 'fast' ability can be handy.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I'm thinking the same as you gramphos, India intrigued me greatly when i heard of their UU

Comment

The Indian worker , apparently , is faster than Cavalry and tanks . A special ability which is phenomenally useless , unless you want to make them run away from said cavalry or tanks . Not only that , but this extra movement point is completely at odds with Indian history - Indian workers ( if there can be said to be such a thing ) were faster in that they worked faster , not that they moved faster .

And no , I don't have any plans of joining this game ( because , unfortunately , my study load is very high this year ) .

Comment

The fast moving ability means greater ability to road in warfare (ie, road several squares out) ... and to road near to the homeland.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
            The Indian worker , apparently , is faster than Cavalry and tanks . A special ability which is phenomenally useless , unless you want to make them run away from said cavalry or tanks . Not only that , but this extra movement point is completely at odds with Indian history - Indian workers ( if there can be said to be such a thing ) were faster in that they worked faster , not that they moved faster .
            Te game probably relates the time it takes to build something with a worker to the movment points the worker has. That would mean that the workes not only move faster, which can be usefule if move-costs are - like in Civ3 - 2 for hills you would be able to move up a hill and still have a partial move left. That would make it possible to start building roads one turn earlier than with a normal worker. I'm sure they have the civs somewhat balanced, and wouldn't have a totally useless, nor a totally overpowered, UU included.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

@ Gramphos

A normal worker has two movement points , and the Indian worker three . That is why I say this ability is useless . I do understand what may have prompted this , but to me it still seems either too weak or too strong .

If the game relates the movement points remaining and the worker contribution to the task at hand , then the Indian worker is way overpowered - worker stacks of the Indian will be twice as fast as the worker stacks of everyone else .

Let me demonstrate :

Imagine that it takes n normal workers having one movement point to create a road ( or any other improvement ) on a tile of type T in one turn ( i.e. , you complete the improvement on the same turn that you more your worker there ) . If movement points are a multiplier , then the Indians can do the same job with only (n/2) workers , because they will have two movement points left , while the other civs will have only one left .

Remember how the industrious triat was toned down in Conquests because it was too powerful ? This is like making the Indians the only industrious Civ in the game - way overpowered in the hands of a skilled player , specially in the early game . Not only that , but even assuming that you have to build on the same square you start on , it is still a 50 % bonus to the Indian worker , effectively granting them the Industrious trait as it exists in C3C , in addition to the other , normal traits they have .

Check my thread on the Indian UU if you want more detail on my viewpoint .

Comment

i'd be interested in joining in both PBEMs (started a sign-up thread 1-2 weeks ago myself) and this succession game.
                Last edited by sabrewolf; October 13, 2005, 05:34.
                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

As this seems to be the more builder orientated of the two choices you have here, I'll join in here. I plan to get the game as soon as it is released in Norway, not sure what date that is, but probably soon after the US release date?
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Missed there was a #2! I'd much rather join in on this one actually
                    Proud member of the PNY Brigade
                    Also a proud member of the The Glory Of War team on PtW-DG

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"

Comment

I'd like to join this one as well (already put my name down for PBEM Succession #1).

Comment

Updated. Glad to see such interest in succession games ... i think with the group the learning curve will be much shorter

Comment

Yo. I'm here.

Mahatma Beta.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Updated.

Comment

Not quite as crowded as #1 yet. Hmmpf =)
                              Proud member of the PNY Brigade
                              Also a proud member of the The Glory Of War team on PtW-DG

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"

Comment

Working...
                              X