X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whos turn?
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Well, ATM it seems it's only you, me and moonrunner playing this game(where did snoopy go? ). So then it's you, isn't it?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Would you mind another player?
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
          Would you mind another player?
          Welcome my good man

please

Jump on in

Comment

• It seems my patch is different than your patch. The save will not open, Civ just shows the message below.

(And yes, the game is patched to 1.09.)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Modo44; December 13, 2005, 18:32.

Comment

• not sure why?

hope someone can help

Comment

• It opens the earlier (unpatched) saves alright. It says the build version is 1.0.9.1722 (41735). Civ and save versions are 100. This is the European DVD release.

Comment

• hmmmm

im playing many games first time running into this

Comment

• I got that problem once. The reason was the computer I played on had two Civ4 installs, only one which were updated. A properly updated to 1.09 update should have save version should be 101.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Could you be any less specific about the "properly updated" part? I did get some sort of warning during the patch installation, but nobody knows why it happens. The game seems updated (i.e. the changes mentioned in the patch description are there).

Comment

• What I posted in the 1.09 patch thread:

A friend of mine got that. What happened was this: He had installed on C:\. Then he decided to copy the folder to E:\ since he was soon going to format C:\ and didn't want to reinstall. He loaded the copied folder. That worked fine, but the updater only updated the folder installed, not the copy, even though he started up from the copied place. He got the problem then, since he tried loading a save from me in the unupdated game(which he thought was updated because of above reasons), which was from the new patch. That's the only time I've seen that problem.

And the next post, clearing up some misunderdstanding:

Heh... I guess the last part was somewhat unstructured... What I meant was that I had updated and started a game with the new patch. He thought he had updated, but it turned out that only was true for the original on his C.`drive and not for the (directly copied-->ctrl+c then ctrl+v) copy on his new harddisc. And since he started up the game with the new copy, he actually tried to open a 1.09 save on a 1.00 game.

Comment

• Thanks, that clears it, not. I never moved the game anywhere after installing it away from the system drive... I will have another go at this tomorrow, too much work now.

EDIT: Ok, I admit it, I could not wait. Reinstalled the darned thing, and this time it is properly patched. Playing now.

980 AD (turn zero):
                          • We have a great city spot south of the capital that was no taken. I hope I can correct that soon. Not to mention the two other ones, but those can wait.
                          • Some talks with the Chinese give us Metal Casting. We have Forges to build!
                          • Karachi is... uh... not well placed. Oh well.
                          • Bangalore does not have enough MP units, so I send two over. As long as we are running Hereditary Rule, that should help a lot. The city is still unhappy, so I switch it's build to a Worker, to stop it from growing.

(Worry not, screenies will folow for other turns. )
                          Last edited by Modo44; December 14, 2005, 18:33.

Comment

• 990 AD:
                            • Julio has machinery already. Not good.
                            • Useless (?) Aqueduct done in Madras. Starting a Forge, of course.
                            • Delhi borders expand.

1020 AD:
                            • Feudalism finished, starting Literature. (We need to plan the next wonder for our magnificent capital -- Great Library. )
                            • Switching civics to Serfdom (+50% Worker rate ).

1030 AD:
                            • Settler done in Calcutta, starting Forge.
                            • Settler sent to the location south of Delhi.

1040 AD:
                            • Worker done in bangalore, starting Forge (Barracks left for later).
                            • Literature finished, starting Code of Laws.
                            • China gives us Construction for Theology.

1050 AD:
                            • Forge done in Madras, starting Jewish Monastery. I see no point in any more units, especially not playing India.

Below is an overview picture of India, 1050 AD. So far I used Workers to improve around Bangalore. Built surprisingly few Roads.

The economy looks like this: 33 Gold, -5gpt, 80% Science.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Modo44; December 14, 2005, 18:05.

Comment

• 1060 AD:
                              • Sistine Chapel done in Delhi. Forge started.
                              • Granary done in Karachi, starting Lighthouse.
                              • Kolhapur built south of Delhi. Starting a Granary, although I was seriously considering a Settler.
                              • Heavy MM in Delhi: Forge in 3 and growth in 3.

1070 AD:
                              • Code of Laws finished, starting Philosophy (for a possible switch to Pacifism).
                              • I sell Horses to Isabella for 3gpt. Not much but why not help the weakling a little? Perhaps she can do some damage to the others for us.
                              • Switch from Theocracy to Organized Religion. Too bad I di not think of that earlier. And the Theocracy bonus only matters while you build units, which is not the case right now.

1090 AD:
                              • Forge done in Delhi, Great Library started. Delhi grows, MMed again for fast growth and fast building. Great Library in 6 turns.
                              • Jewish Monastery done in Madras, starting Courthouse.
                              • Forge done in Bangalore, starting Lighthouse.
                              • Many new Roads finished this turn.

And that would be it, 10 turns right?.
                              The economy: 21 Gold, -6gpt, 80% Science.
                              Here is India in 1090 AD:
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Modo44; December 14, 2005, 18:33.

Comment

• The demographics look pretty good.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X