[PBEM]Civ4 PBEM #1: Classics (10/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PBEM]Civ4 PBEM #1: Classics (10/24)

Hiya I'd like to start to organize Civ4 PBEMs a bit before release day, so that we can hit the ground rolling and not spend a week getting organized.

I realize that not all will want to play PBEMs, even those who played PBEM in Civ3 ... but i'm sure there are a few of us who will

I'm posting 'start dates' so that you know if you can play or not. Some will start on 10/24 (or as close as possible), some later for those of you who get the game later and/or whose country is delayed

This first game is a basic one. Classic civs only ... any civ that was available in civ1 and is still available.

Rules ... well, it's early, so unless there are suggestions from the Beta Crew, I suggest 'default' whatever that may turn out to be.

A few links though if we do have opinions:
    Settings Screen
    Civ4.net's 10/12/05 posting has a mention of the victory conditions

This is going to be a Six Player PBEM, and in a large sense a 'learning' PBEM. Please don't expect this to be a cutthroat PBEM, and i'm not going to hold anyone to a turn clock.

Post name, email, most common playing time ...

Update: I'm splitting this into two games, both in the same style.

Game One!

1. Snoopy369 - Germans (negotiable if you want to switch) (snoopy369 yahoo com) (evenings US Central time)
    2. Conmcb - French - ? - US central time (right after Snoopy369) ( conmcb25~TA~bluemarble~TOD~net)
    3. Akulla - Rome - akullagamesATkilianationDOTcom - US Eastern Standard
    4. Mao Tse Tongue - Russia - sean at spincontrolrecords dot com - late US Eastern time
    5. Beta - Greece - .. - late US eastern time

Game Two!

1. Lord Nuclear - Rome - ? - Evenings US Western time
    2. Playshogi - Greek - shogi4 juno com - late US Eastern time
    3. Joethreeblah - ? - joethreeblah@hotmail.com - US western time
    4. Platypus Rex - ANY - platrex at gmail.com - superlate US Western time
    5. UnO - Aztecs (yes, they're civ1 ) - sirulias using aol - superlate US western time

Thanks and look for more PBEM signups

Edit: Some links for OTHER PBEM signups!
    PBEM #2: New Civs
    PaddyPBEM (11/6)
    Coop PBEM (11/6)
    Succession Game #1: Rome
    Succession Game #2: India
    I'll try to keep this updated as more come in at least until the forum opens, since this is the News Item
    Last edited by snoopy369; October 26, 2005, 04:39.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Howdy.

I'd like to play.

joethreeblah is the name
    email is joethreeblah@hotmail.com

Any reasonable time in the western US

Comment

Will snoopdog be first out of the box???????
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

French-same time zone as you in summer, one hour ahead in winter and I can't relaiably play till late evening.

Being lax on the 24 hour rule is good.
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

any civ will do

IN baby !

platrex at gmail.com

West coast, but I work nights
          3am-5 am

have been known to get turns out before work
          12 noon-2pm

all times PST
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Aztecs please. (Though I've never played Civ 1, random if they weren't in there)

Mountain time here, but usual play-time will be EARLY morning 4-6 AM, or evening 6-10 PM.

SirUlias, and I use AOL.

I'll be slow out the gate, but pretty regular in turn playing by mid november due to my schedule the next few weeks.
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Aztecs weren't in Civ1 AFAIR.

And no, I'm [i]not[i] in.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yes, the Aztecs were in Civ1. They and America were the only two Western Hemisphere civs.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

You're right, I double checked right now.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'd like to play. I'll take Alex of the Greek. Ordered from EB so I expect the game on the 25th. I can play anytime that last week of October. After that, 11PM EST. I never played civ by email although I played about 200 games of chess by POSTAL mail years ago. shogi4 juno com
                    Last edited by playshogi; October 13, 2005, 12:55.

Comment

I'd be interested, but I need to pick a civ first. I'm evenings PST.

Comment

If there is still a spot, I'd like to give it a shot.

I'll be the Russians if available otherwise just random me.

I'm EST and usually play after work and after the kid goes to bed so 21:00 - 00:30 end up being my play times.

I used to play a lot of Hot Seat games, but I've always wanted to get in on some PBEM.

Email = sean at spincontrolrecords dot com
                        15 years of Civ addiction and counting.

Comment

hey.... why not make it OCC as well ?

comments please

if not, how about no tech trading ?
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                            hey.... why not make it OCC as well ?

comments please

if not, how about no tech trading ?
                            Im not sure that appropriate for a first PBEM where we are trying out the game but they are valid scenarios that should be tried out and commented upon.

Comment

OCC? I'm a multiplayer n00b so please bear with me
                              15 years of Civ addiction and counting.

Comment

Working...
                              X