Yet Another Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snoopy369
    Holy *#$% ... you've got one heck of a lousy starting location there. I'd definitely have recommended a restart from that
    opportunities to bond with your fellow man..not many just lots of bonding time
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• At least you have an obvious wonder to build ASAP
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• GT, since we are the only ones playing now, do you want to start a new game?

If so, I have a suggestion... We start and then invite anybody else who is interested to play turns in between without obligation to return. We would be there all the time but maybe people like Snoopy would help us out by playing turns now and then if he felt like it - sort of no obligation guest appearances.

I can find a new start if that is acceptable.

Comment

• lol, i might make no-obligation guest appearances, especially on mondays. But not in the current game, that's too insane for my tastes

Comment

• Okay, i went ahead and started a new game, you can play it if you all like it and ignore it if ye don't

Monarch, not emperor; monarch is hard enough Otherwise same settings.
            Attached Files

Comment

• 4000: Moved scout around to find out if it's a coast or a lake (coast). Moved settler 1 to new city location, as i'm not building on a cow Road cow.

3950: Scout finds a hut, next turn to pop. Build Zimbabwe; start Granary right away. Large map + Expansionist = no mil units needed yet. 30 turns to start with.

3900: Alpha at 45 turns 90% sci. Scout pops hut and gets 25gp. Finds some Wine. Remember to tell Paddy to stay AWAY from the wine ...

3850: Irrigating the ZIM cow. Scout finds ... more desert.

3800: Scout finds hut in desert. We have a huge desert here people ...

3750: Hut gives us a Skilled Warrior. Well, not so skilled as he's 2/2, but still. Scout heads across desert, warrior heads to explore south.

3700: More exploring.

3650: Warrior finds Dyes! Scout finds end of desert. Irrigating Worker stops irrigating as he's done, and heads to flood plain.

3600: Zimbabwe expands (already). I let it use a bonus grassland (BG) until the flood plain is ready, the shields are useful.

3550: more exploring ...

3500: I found the Mongols, north of the desert. That desert will be useful to keep opposing settlers at bay. Lot of jungle, but enough good city-spaces for a while. They have CB, but need nothing we have; too bad.

I attached a map on here. I noted the great city-spots that I would vote for ... of course most of them are offmap, but you get the picture I intended to irrigate with that settler this turn (3500). I'm assuming we're beelining to philosophy; it looks so far as if we'll have a chance, since the mongols don't seem to have made first contact yet.

I suggest making the first city the one to the E/NE; that'll be a great spot. Try to settle it such that it can use one or two of the floodplains for quick growth, but i'm not sure if that'll work or not.

Attached Files

Comment

• And the save ... next player plays until (and including) 3000 bc.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Good man! I'm at work but I'll see if I can sneak in turns during lunch - otherwise, must wait 4 hours or so..

However, if somebody wants to drive by and play 10 turns in the meantime, have at it!!

Thanks, Snoopy.

Comment

• I picked up this game from Snoopy...

1 3450 Borders of Zimbabwe expand. 1 Worker starts irrigation. 1 Scout and 1 Warrior explore N and S.

2 3400 More exploring.

3 3350 More exploring.

4 3300 Mongol explorer shows up at 4-4. 1 Warrior finds FUR!. 1 Scout finds IVORY by Mongols.

5 3250 1 Worker finishes irrigation, moves to 9-9 for mining. After pop goes to 3 I move squares to be cows and 2 grassland-shield to finish Granary faster.

6 3200 1 Worker starts mine before road. 18 turns for Alphabet.

7 3150 Alphabet drops to 15. 1 Scout finds N Coast. 1 Warrior finds a cow nicely placed near the FUR.

8 3100 Russia pops up, offering CB for WC. I renegotiate and try to get Alpha plus CB or BW. Can't do it. I take CB+BW for WC, no cash either way. I see the Russia explorer to the SE of Zimbabwe at 3-3-2.

Population goes to 4. I tweak the slider to 0-7-3 0G/turn to keep all 4 productive. This moves Alpha back to 17t. Probably bad decision now that I think about it. Oh well.

9 3050 Explore.

10 3000 Granary done, start Warrior 2t to calm citizens when complete. Maybe another Scout after that? 1 Scout pops a goody hut - Settler! Whover's next can figure out where to deposit him. Settler makes us go -1G/t on gold.

-1G/t 0-7-3 37G Alpha in 15t Map to follow.

Save attached for next player.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Golden Bear; October 17, 2005, 16:06.

Comment

• Overall Picture:
                      Attached Files

Comment

• GB, i'd say 0/7/3 is exactly right there - it's always better to lose a bit of science or gold in exchange for food+shields. How much do we happily pay for shields, after all, and you're exchanging 1gp/t for 2 food, 1 shield, and 1 trade (that gp!)

Comment

• I have created a new thread for the "No Obligation Succession Game."

I'll put a link in here to get you to it:

Please continue the game and discussions there!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Bear
                            GT, since we are the only ones playing now, do you want to start a new game?

If so, I have a suggestion... We start and then invite anybody else who is interested to play turns in between without obligation to return. We would be there all the time but maybe people like Snoopy would help us out by playing turns now and then if he felt like it - sort of no obligation guest appearances.

I can find a new start if that is acceptable.
                            Im off to play and then post in new thread the save

give me a few moments

Gramps

Comment

• OK - this game seems dead. I'm going to continue for a bit. I think I see the main land just to the east. I see where I can take this save.
                              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• Originally posted by skrobism
                                OK - this game seems dead. I'm going to continue for a bit. I think I see the main land just to the east. I see where I can take this save.
                                have fun

Comment

Working...
                                X