No announcement yet.

Yet Another Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skrobie, please tell me that I don't need to tell you, AGAIN, that my email is cbeetz comcast net!

I will write you OUT of the next chronicles, I swear. Or worse, I will write you in. Now behave.

Give us play order and stop honking around. I'm ready. I can tell that G Troll is ready because he's droolling. Of course he mostly drools. But it looks good on him. No, really, guy. It's a look - I respect that.

See what you miss by not being, err, abylonian-Baaay if you catch my non-OOC drift. You miss all the fun of Shogun and Skrobie and and MEE!

Thanks for Zulus, BTW. The civ with NO traits. Nice. You coulda picked the English but nooo, found someone even worse. And raging, yeah. Well, since I'm a nobody they'll all be dead by the time I get to play - I knooow I'll be last to play. That'll be like next August maybe.

Whoever follows me is in for a treat.

BTW, give me lots o' updates for the succession Chronicle.

BTW, will this be the chat, update, passdown thread?
    Last edited by Golden Bear; October 14, 2005, 09:12.

Comment

Just a suggestion

I suggest posting the save (using Attach, until it gets too big, then Apolyton Uploads) rather than E-mailing. It allows everyone to open the save if they want a quick idea of what's going on

And to answer the question of why PBEM - because it's mostly PBEM people playing We thought about getting our own forum but it wasn't popular enough at the time; we'll see when civ4 comes out what happens

edit: That was one funny crosspost I swear the save wasn't posted as of the time i opened this thread like 1 minute ago
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Play order is at the top. No need to sic Bruce on me. I sure don't like the sound of that. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
        Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

PBEM single player succession? Now I am confused. It'll work out.

Can I join Euphorica too? I want that neat little black character holding up the world on my ID. Please?

Comment

snoopy are you in? I could probably get you ahead of GB.
            Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

the world
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by skrobism
                snoopy are you in? I could probably get you ahead of GB.
                Verrry nice. You will totally pay.
                Last edited by Golden Bear; October 14, 2005, 09:09.

Comment

Im at work...

But who has the save?

James?

The player list at the start, was that also the play order?

Thanks

Gramps
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I think JtS must have it. I kept checking my email last night in hopes that you folks would have rushed through.

Why are we doing BW? I would think that Alphabet would be what we would need so that we can get off this desolate island and look for luxuries and probably horses/iron.

Also, It is kind of incovenient to have two cows but no water. Life's like that I guess.

Do I get blackballed if I rename all the units during my turn?

BTW, the save is posted above if you want to look at it.

Skrob, do we need to change the order already?

Comment

Yes, the play order is the order listed at the top of the thread. It was the order that people have confirmed that they want to play.

I'll PM JTS.

Of course you can look at the save.

I am updating my story above. It's short.

Comment

Nice story there skrobie! I assume that I won't step on any toes if I write my own fiction too (?).

I understand the BW decision now (duh, dummo me - of course you didn't know you were on an island until you explored.). Now that we know, should we change and lose our shields in BW?

Should we start a subsection here so that we can have multiple threads:
                        Turn thread
                        Story thread
                        Chat/strategy discussion thread
                        Who gets pummeled with con's wife thread

Then we can get a neat little icon too!

And a name for the game. Some suggestions:
                        The Fading Sun (I stole that one from Michael Shea)
                        CivIII Supernova
                        Skrobie tells Golden Bear to STFU!

Comment

STFU!

Now that we know, should we change and lose our shields in BW?

That is up to the next in line. This is not a democracy game. The civ is yours to play as you wish when it is your turn.

The story and reports are told by the turn player.

Golden Bear, think of this as learning to let go.

The name of this game is "Yet Another Succession Game". I was not very creative.

Comment

okay

Comment

No need to be so meek. Those are just the rules, if there are any. The other players and the world for that matter are free to look at the save, and offer a critique.

Bronze Working does seem to be a mistake at this point. What are the chances of being alone on an island in a freaking PANGEA game?

Regarding alternate history. Write one. Save it for your turn. It wouldn't be the first time that a nation's history was re-written.

Comment

Originally posted by skrobism
                                JTS - Here is the save.

For those that are new to Sxn Games. Using the save being sent here consider 3550 BC your turn 0. You can use this to change build orders, diplo, whatever can be done at end of turn. Just leave your last turn blinking for the next player.
                                Lord Skrobism, please email the save to me. That link is not working at this hour.

Edited; fixed.
                                Last edited by James; October 14, 2005, 15:45.
                                The Sherrin Foundation
                                Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

Working...
                                X