New Orleans and Its Police Officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Orleans and Its Police Officers

Three police officers decided to unleash their violence.

Police Beating
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

I saw that.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Never knew that a 64 year old drunk man is so deadly that you gotta beat his brains out.

Comment

was on the news here too. probably made the tour of the world

Comment

I saw the video -- it was disgusting. I saw the elderly man lying on the pavement in his own pool of blood, as he tried to turn over.

Comment

I've lived in Louisiana, in the New Orleans area, for 27 years (I live there no longer). The police in New Orleans are considered the worst in the US. A lot of people consider the police in NYC to be heroes for some reason; no one thinks that of New Orleans cops.

This sort of brutality has happened there for a long time. It's just now that you see it more often because the spotlight is on New Orleans right now. I have no information about this particular episode other than what the article says and the video. If the cops had to struggle that much with the "victim", then he was resisting arrest. I can't say I pity him that much. If the cops want to arrest you, they're going to; if you resist it's only worse for yourself.

If this sort of "police brutality" worries you, then you haven't seen anything that New Orleans cops are capable of. Here's my favorite: An on-duty police officer murdered an off-duty police officer when the on-duty police officer robbed a liquor store.
            I no longer use this account.

Comment

News in here too. Disgusting.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by vomitus
                I've lived in Louisiana, in the New Orleans area, for 27 years (I live there no longer). The police in New Orleans are considered the worst in the US. A lot of people consider the police in NYC to be heroes for some reason; no one thinks that of New Orleans cops.

This sort of brutality has happened there for a long time. It's just now that you see it more often because the spotlight is on New Orleans right now. I have no information about this particular episode other than what the article says and the video. If the cops had to struggle that much with the "victim", then he was resisting arrest. I can't say I pity him that much. If the cops want to arrest you, they're going to; if you resist it's only worse for yourself.

If this sort of "police brutality" worries you, then you haven't seen anything that New Orleans cops are capable of. Here's my favorite: An on-duty police officer murdered an off-duty police officer when the on-duty police officer robbed a liquor store.
                If an elderly, drunk man resists an arrest, it does not take THAT much physical force to subdue him. In the video, one of the officers was banging the victim's head against a wall -- completely unecessary and excessively violent.

Comment

MrFun always takes a controversial stand on hot-button issues.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    News in here too. Disgusting.
                    in Finland... the drunk elderly men arrest YOU!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      MrFun always takes a controversial stand on hot-button issues.

Thanks for the sarcasm. So now the rule is that if something is not controversial that it's not worth talking about?

Comment

There is a thin line between contributing something and stating the obvious.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Did you write a book or something about participating on online forums?

Comment

I wrote the book.

Comment

Strange - whenever I had read a OS thread I have usually considered Asher some kind of redfaced - I'm glad that his avatar has proven me right
                              Attached Files
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X