FG: Gladiator IX Signup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Gladiator IX Signup

Okay, let's get this show on the road. I haven't quite figured out what to do about the "pit" gladiator tourney yet and will just have to run it later.

GM: Theben

There will be brief battle descriptions for the round robin, and more detailed ones for the semis/finals.

There will be a strict 48 hour time limit. Players missing the limit in the RR will take 10 damage in the 1st round. If they miss the 2nd they automatically forfeit, even if they are unhurt and their opponent is down to 1 hp. So don't miss it.

In the semis they will take increasing amounts of damage, starting with 5 hps and going up +5hp/round from there.

Previous Games

Gladiator -poly- 2 "The Competition"

Gladiator -poly- 2 "The Competition" Part Deux

Gladiator III - Let the Battle Commence!

Gladiator III - Let the Battles Continue!

Gladiator IV - The fights begin!

Gladiator IV - The fights proceed!

Gladiator V - The Onset

Gladiator VI - The Unbearable Lightness of Fighting

Gladiator VII - The Grand Tournament

Gladiator V(III?)- Who is Your Daddy?
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Da Rules:

1. Each contestant must distribute 20 points between weapon and armour values which remain constant throughout the contest (e.g. weapon 11, armour 9). These values are public knowledge.

2. Each match is divided up into combat rounds, which are further divided into 3 segments.

3. In each round you must distribute 100 points amongst the 3 segments, each of which requires values for attack, defense and power.
    e.g.:
    1st A11 D11 P11
    2nd A12 D8 P15
    3rd A15 D2 P15
    The total of all 9 values must equal 100, and the total of the 3 values in any one segment must not exceed 50.

4. These ADP values are modified by the contestants choice of weapon and armour values. Half the armour value is added to each defense, half the weapon value is added to each attack, the weapon value is added to each power and the opponents armour value is subtracted from each power.

5. In each segment the modified attack and defense values are compared. If, in any round, your attack is greater than your opponents defense then you hit them, and so damage equal to the power for that segment.

6. Ties between attack and defense values result in 50% damage rounded down. 0 attack 0 defense ties are possible.

7. In the initial portion of the competition, each contestant will face every other contestant for one match consisting of two combat rounds.

8. In each match, each contestant will begin with 100 HP from which damage is subtracted. A contestant who loses all of these is considered incapacitated and cannot continue with the match (no more segments take place), but is presumed to recover for their other matches, which remain unaffected.

9. If both contestants are incapacitated then the match is considered a draw, and each contestant recieves 1 point.

10. If one contestant is incapacitated then the other is considered the winner and recieves 4 points.

11. If neither contestant is incapacitated, then the one inflicting the most damage in the whole match is considered the winner, and recieves 3 points. If both contestants inflict the same amount of damage then the match is considered a tie and each contestant receives 1 point.

12. The four contestants who receive the most points in this way will proceed to the second portion of the competition, the Semis.

13. A tie for fourth place will be resolved at the discretion of the GM.

14. The second portion will consist of a knockout competition of matches, with combat similar to the round-robin but instead it is to the death. Winners of the Semis advance to the final.

15. *NEW*!- There will be a strict 48 hour time limit. Players missing the limit in the RR will take 10 damage in the 1st round. If they miss the 2nd they automatically forfeit, even if they are unhurt and their opponent is down to 1 hp.

In the semis they will take increasing amounts of damage, starting with 5 hps and going up +5hp/round from there.

EXAMPLE: Player 1 selects a weapon rating of 12 and an armor of 8, for 20 total. Player B selects a weapon 9 and armor 11. They then fight each other.

Player A selects 3 sets of orders:

Code:
    12 08 10 = 30
    05 20 00 = 25
    20 05 20 = 45
    for a total of 100.

Player B has selected:

Code:
    05 15 10 = 30
    20 00 20 = 40
    05 20 05 = 30
    for 100.

No one line can equal more than 50.

These are in turn modified by their weapons and armor, and so look like this when complete:

Code:
    Player A            Player B
    att def pow      att  def   pow
    18  12  22       9.5  20.5  19 
    11  24  12       24.5 05.5  29
    26  09  32       9.5  25.5  14
    So for the 1st swing, (18-20.5) is negative, so player misses, as does player B, since (9.5-12) is also negative.
    2nd swing both opponents hit each other (11-5.5=positive #, also 24.5-24). Player A does very little; his total is (0+12-11)=1 hit point of damage. Player B hit for (20+9-8)=21 h.p.'s.
    3rd and final swing Player A hits again (26-25.5) as does Player B (9.5-9). Player A does 21 damage (20+12-11) and Player B does 6 (5+9-8). The round ends with Player A down 27 hp's, and Player B down 22. The lost hit points will have no effect on points used for ADP in future combats; ADP always equals 100.
    Last edited by Theben; October 8, 2005, 11:35.
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I'm going to lose horribly again, but i'm glad to join so to give someone an easy route into the semis
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I have to beat snoopy in something this year, so in.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

The Doctor returns.

Comment

Hmmm, need a minimum of 1 more player. 5 more would be nice.

Comment

Scaredy-cats.

Comment

Clearly they're afraid that they might lose to me. The shame would be fatal ...

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  Scaredy-cats.
                  I think Sparrow's scared 'cuz I'm GMing.

Comment

While I might fear your loyalty in an alliance, I have no doubt you would be a fair and impartial gm....... right??

I don't really like Gladiator, and as evidenced by my slaughter in the Finals to Ljube, I don't play that well either.

Having said that, I am more then willing to be the 8th player again, to round out the roster. I am sure that Kassiopeia, Drogue, JBytheway, Ljube or paramir can be coaxed into being the 4th if you go with that, or all of the above if you go for 8. If you come up one short, I will be watching and more than willing to put my name up

/me
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                      While I might fear your loyalty in an alliance, I have no doubt you would be a fair and impartial gm....... right??

I don't really like Gladiator, and as evidenced by my slaughter in the Finals to Ljube, I don't play that well either.

Having said that, I am more then willing to be the 8th player again, to round out the roster. I am sure that Kassiopeia, Drogue, JBytheway, Ljube or paramir can be coaxed into being the 4th if you go with that, or all of the above if you go for 8. If you come up one short, I will be watching and more than willing to put my name up

* Sparrowhawk
                      And I play SO much better ...

Comment

We have 4, let's roll.

Comment

I only count three.

Comment

Didn't Sparrow say he would join if we needed one to make up the numbers?

Comment

He said for 8, not clear about 4. Sparrow?

Comment

Working...
                              X