Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Revolution Scenario!!!

this deserves a thread of it's own

firaxis is not only working on scenarios, there is an American Revolution scenario as well. huray! (for Americans, i dont really care that much )

from 3D Gamers

cool custom flags
    Last edited by MarkG; October 6, 2005, 16:42.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Why don't images show up automatically anymore? Is that my end or something at poly?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

now?
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Seems better (and yes, I cleared my cache).
        Thanks.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Pictures showing worked all the time for me.

On-topic: It's good we get scenarios I guess, but personally I couldn't care less. I don't use to play much scenarios, and Firaxis' C3C scenarios were mostly ****ty. And when they first make a scenario, they just had to make a ACW one eh?
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Cool I love scenario's Some examples in the game can encourage many people to make many great scenario's.
            I hope that civ4 shall eventually have as many good scenario's as civilization 2 has.

I like the type of combat that scenraio's of thet time period produce. I greatly enjoyed the combat in the napolean conquest.

Comment

Scenarios are great, especially for multiplayer. I'm glad they are included in the vanilla game. A nice break from the regular epic game.
              Formerly known as Masuro.
              The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Re: American Revolution Scenario!!!

Originally posted by MarkG
                this deserves a thread of it's own

firaxis is not only working on scenarios, there is an American Revolution scenario as well. huray! (for Americans, i dont really care that much )

from 3D Gamers

cool custom flags
                American or not, you have to admit that it was a fascinating war. If you don't know much about it, it's worth a quick lookup

Comment

Originally posted by Masuro
                  Scenarios are great, especially for multiplayer. I'm glad they are included in the vanilla game. A nice break from the regular epic game.
                  Especially when they have alternate tech trees and events (like the Jules Verne Scenario from Civ2, Or the Dinosuar one)

Comment

The graphics in that shot are simply mouth-watering, more so than any other shot I've seen so far!

"Porland"
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                      "Porland"
                      Oopsie. Guess that's just up the coast from Balmer, Mareland.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Hey, I'm allowed to make one typo...

Better than "Poorland".

Comment

That's ok,we forgive you, Tip.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                            That's ok,we forgive you, Tip.
                            You did that on purpose ? Trip---Tip ?

Great idea the American Revolution for a scenario. And the graphics are looking fine
                            If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
                            Ailing Civilization Strategy
                            How to win on Deity Builder style, step-by-step
                            M2TW Guide to Guilds (including Assassins')

Comment

Looks great!! Better than any other shot of Civ4 I've seen so far.
                              I am very much looking forward to different scenarios. However instead of the american war of independence, I'd rather have seen the american civil war. This would also fit into Firaxis Civil War line. Gettyburgh, Antietam were both great games, that I enjoyed.

Other scenarios I'd like to see: 30 year war, overcome the dark age, china's communist revolution, spanish civil war, alexander the great and of course a jihad and crusades scenario which should be awesome with the new religious concepts.
                              I don't necessarily need a world war scenario or such, they've been played often enough already and eventually someone will make one anyway.

[Q=Nikolai]On-topic: It's good we get scenarios I guess, but personally I couldn't care less. I don't use to play much scenarios, and Firaxis' C3C scenarios were mostly ****ty. And when they first make a scenario, they just had to make a ACW one eh?[/Q]

Scenarios

Comment

Working...
                              X