X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY-2191 - Planning & Execution Thread

Underway:

Engineering Corps
    • Messena environs: 5 formers have commenced a borehole on the flat arid coastal tile at 55:5. They will be joined by the other 2 formers immediately south, and should complete in some 3 to 4 turns thereafter (I suggest that this fleet be maintained as a boreholing gang, to build one per base)

Messena needs a hab Complex to grow beyond its present size 9, and thus a Tree Farm and possibly a Research Hospital to contain drones. thus crawlers are a necessity (to MM facilities as well as to free workers into thinkers)
    • Rio Grande environs: 2 formers are condensing the farm on 65:14 (5 turns) while another 3 are farming immediately southwest on 55:15 (2 turns to go) The crater rim between their current position and santiago citadel needs clearing of fungus to maximize Fort Buster's growth
    • Sparta Command: southeast, 3 formers are minebuilding (2 turns) while a fourth (northeast) has just started clearing fungus. this latter is not critical, but if we want to grow the SC-OA-SC2 triangle, then the area needs de-fungussing
    • Gythium Harbour-Minas Tirith axis: 2 formers (on 60:24) are minebuilding (4 turns) and 1 (at 59:23) is foresting (2 turns). 2 are idle (1 at 58:22 and the other at 60:26). I suggest the latter joins the mining gang, while the first one moves south and commences a borehole for GH on 58:24. It can be joined by the 4 others when they have completed their mining and forestry works
    • Rio Rojo team: 2 formers are constructing a mine at 61:33 (4 turns)
    • 2Nuts Strand: 2 formers are roadbuilding on 67:29, and will commence minign operations when complete
    • Vladivostok team: 2 formers are foresting just northwest of the base (2 turns). After completion they should forest the adjacent southwest tile (64:12) - and Vlad needs a Tree Farm and Hab Complex - we can MM the latter next turn with the completed crawler (the base can support another 2 pops before drone problems)
    • Research Diamond (AU, FS, Argos and Ironholm): needs more formers!!. Currently 2 are forresting northwest of ironholm (2 turns) and 1 is roadbuilding (also 2 turns) immediately to their south. After finishing current tasks, i suggest a mine where the road is being built - 81:15. We do want a solar collector on the special at 76:14, to be crawled to AU (or worked by Argos), and also a borehole at the solar special on 78:18, again to be worked by Argos
    • FS has a former defungussing in its suburbs (4 to go)
    • Fort Liberty has 4 formers in the vicinity. 1 (86:16) has completed a road - should it mine next? while the other 3 are in various stages of defungussing the flat, rainy, river tile on 87:15) - 2,1 and 2 turns respectively!! Shoiuld they farm& condense that tile, or forest it, or join the 4th in mining the tile to their southwest?
    • Tegea Harbour has 2 idle formers. I suggest they nborehole at 86:26 Or head south to improve Vijay?
    • I sent Iaci Base's former en-route to Vijay to work the surrounds there
    • ARC has 2 formers foresting the river tile in its southeast suburbs (86:36), and a 3rd idle adjacent to the southwest on a nut special on a rainy flat tile, crying out to be farmed/condensed and crawled to a base to foment growth
    That deals with the Engineering Corps

Messena environs: 5 formers have commenced a borehole on the flat arid coastal tile at 55:5. They will be joined by the other 2 formers immediately south, and should complete in some 3 to 4 turns thereafter
    If those two formers move north, their turn will have ended. To prevent this, how about right at the start of the turn cancel the orders of one of the formers and build a road instead? Then the formers moving north can get immediately to work.

Another idea: how about only sending one of the formers north? The other one could go NW to build a road. When the borehole is completed, the road should be too, and the formers can get to another job without wasting a turn to movement.

(I suggest that this fleet be maintained as a boreholing gang, to build one per base)
    What do you suggest as next borehole location(s)?

Messena needs a hab Complex to grow beyond its present size 9, and thus a Tree Farm and possibly a Research Hospital to contain drones.
    Giving Messena some infrastructure sounds good (though for the MSN crawler to be finished I'd suggest to put it on the empty mine). I have a question for consideration though. To what should we give priority: building sky hydroponics labs, or tree farms in some bases such as VV, Argos, MSN, KH...?

thus crawlers are a necessity (to MM facilities as well as to free workers into thinkers)
    A question: I don't really understand why you put so many thinkers in eg Vladivostok. Do you prefer 6 extra labs over 2 extra credits and six minerals?

Rio Grande
    How about crawler-hurrying a rec tanks there? The easiest way to deal with that one-nutrient shortage I guess...

Sparta Command: southeast, 3 formers are minebuilding (2 turns) while a fourth (northeast) has just started clearing fungus. this latter is not critical, but if we want to grow the SC-OA-SC2 triangle, then the area needs de-fungussing
    What will they do after that mine is finished? Build condensers on the already existing farms?

Gythium Harbour-Minas Tirith axis: 2 formers (on 60:24) are minebuilding (4 turns) and 1 (at 59:23) is foresting (2 turns). 2 are idle (1 at 58:22 and the other at 60:26). I suggest the latter joins the mining gang,

while the first one moves south and commences a borehole for GH on 58:24. It can be joined by the 4 others when they have completed their mining and forestry works
    Can Gythium Harbour support a borehole? A hab complex is built there, so I assume we want to popboom. Will it be possible to keep the necessary nutrient surplus for that?

Research Diamond (AU, FS, Argos and Ironholm): needs more formers!!. Currently 2 are forresting northwest of ironholm (2 turns) and 1 is roadbuilding (also 2 turns) immediately to their south. After finishing current tasks, i suggest a mine where the road is being built - 81:15. We do want a solar collector on the special at 76:14, to be crawled to AU (or worked by Argos), and also a borehole at the solar special on 78:18, again to be worked by Argos

Fort Liberty has 4 formers in the vicinity. 1 (86:16) has completed a road - should it mine next? while the other 3 are in various stages of defungussing the flat, rainy, river tile on 87:15) - 2,1 and 2 turns respectively!! Shoiuld they farm& condense that tile, or forest it, or join the 4th in mining the tile to their southwest?
    I'd suggest a mine and a forest - personally I don't like farms on flat tiles.

Tegea Harbour has 2 idle formers. I suggest they nborehole at 86:26 Or head south to improve Vijay?
    I have the same worry here as with GH: will we be able to popboom the base to size 16 if it works a borehole?

ARC has 2 formers foresting the river tile in its southeast suburbs (86:36), and a 3rd idle adjacent to the southwest on a nut special on a rainy flat tile, crying out to be farmed/condensed and crawled to a base to foment growth
    That's the plan. First build a road though, so the two other formers can join immediately after finishhing the forest.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Reminders:
      • Never ever put anything else than stockpile energy in the queue.
      • To have a maximal chance of finding worms, move the scout rover in Southern Arcadia constantly between (0.58) and (1.59).
      • To have a maximal chance of finding worms, move Rolling Thunder II constantly between (62.32) and (63.31).
      • To have a maximal chance of finding worms in Northern Arcadia, move the hoplites as often as possible over (86.14) by making use of the rivers. Of course make sure that no other unit is on (86.14) while moving towards it.
      • To have a maximal chance of finding worms in Northern Arcadia, the rover needs to move constantly between (83.33) & (84.32).

Plans to be executed:
      • crawler-hurry a creche in Hero's Waypoint.

Btw, the Disco Volante was originally planned to hide somewhere near Whohabitat. Now that it has been sent south, should we attempt to steal Bio-engineering from that most southern Morganic base? IIRC we could get it the turn before we research Bioeng ourselves and thus switch immediately to Fusion Power. The downside (?) of course being a war with Morgan.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac

If those two formers move north, their turn will have ended. To prevent this, how about right at the start of the turn cancel the orders of one of the formers and build a road instead? Then the formers moving north can get immediately to work.

Another idea: how about only sending one of the formers north? The other one could go NW to build a road. When the borehole is completed, the road should be too, and the formers can get to another job without wasting a turn to movement.
        - that's why 2 heads are better than 1 - I'd never have thought of that as a means to save a movement point or two

What do you suggest as next borehole location(s)?
        I'd like to see all our coastal bases have one, but prolly it makes more sense to place them in areas where they can be shared by more than one base, so that we can move production at will.

e.g. one at 55:17 (currently a forested river tile immediately southeast of Fort Buster) could be worked from FB, Cratersouth or Citadel - it's currently a 1-3-2 tile, so a 0/7/9 tile (with the crater mineral bonus and the river energy bonus) would be a significant upgrade

Giving Messena some infrastructure sounds good (though for the MSN crawler to be finished I'd suggest to put it on the empty mine).
        I agree - and get another crawler on the go immediately

I have a question for consideration though. To what should we give priority: building sky hydroponics labs, or tree farms in some bases such as VV, Argos, MSN, KH...?
        Sky hydroponics are good, in that they benefit every base, and are immune from enemy bombardment (and, with random events activated, they are the only satellites to survive when the 'dice" rolls a solar flare - that has a 20% chance of destroyoing Power sats and ODPs)

A question: I don't really understand why you put so many thinkers in eg Vladivostok. Do you prefer 6 extra labs over 2 extra credits and six minerals?
        yeah - I guess I could have left them on forested tiles and turned a seakelp worker into a thinker to alleviate the drone. I think I turned them into engineers at first, but that didn't solve the drones, so changed to thinkers, and never looked at the base again

How about crawler-hurrying a rec tanks there? The easiest way to deal with that one-nutrient shortage I guess...
        Shortage? I have it running at 1 surplus (and in any event, it'll get another nut from next turn on with the Hydroponic satellite) - you might have a fungal bloom in your base radius that I don't have

See my basepic below

What will they do after that mine is finished? Build condensers on the already existing farms?
        That's one good option. or a borehole at 67:15

Or do we want to defungus and energy farm Mt Taygetus? We cab crawle the energy to AU quite easily

(And in that vein, do we want to plan, longer term, to energy farm (tidal harnesses) the geothermals?)

Can Gythium Harbour support a borehole? A hab complex is built there, so I assume we want to popboom. Will it be possible to keep the necessary nutrient surplus for that?
        It currently has 2 condensor farms (8 nuts), 2 seakelps (6 nuts) 7 forest tiles (14 nuts) and 5 nuts in unworked farms, plus the imminent hydroponic nut. That's 17 population, but we only need to feed 16

That leaves lots of room for a borehole at 58:24

I'd suggest a mine and a forest - personally I don't like farms on flat tiles.

Re: Tegea Harbour: I have the same worry here as with GH: will we be able to popboom the base to size 16 if it works a borehole?
        With terraforming, it could have 3 seakelp tiles (9 nuts), 2 fournut tiles (forest nut and condensor farm) giving another 8, and 16 from worked forest tiles. That's 33, plus 1 from the satellite - supporting 17. So it could support a borehole on 86:26 without jeapordizing its popboom to size 16

That's the plan. First build a road though, so the two other formers can join immediately after finishhing the forest.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
          Btw, the Disco Volante was originally planned to hide somewhere near Whohabitat. Now that it has been sent south, should we attempt to steal Bio-engineering from that most southern Morganic base? IIRC we could get it the turn before we research Bioeng ourselves and thus switch immediately to Fusion Power. The downside (?) of course being a war with Morgan.
          Maybe try and frame the Angels?

But i agree that it's worth risking war over.

morgan gets Fusion in 9 years - around the same time that we'll get it if we self-research Bioengineering and then can switch to Fusion.

if we steal it in 2192, we'd have a gfood chance of getting fusion in 2193, 7 before Morgan does.

This all points to a Morgan invasion in 2199
          Last edited by Googlie; October 10, 2005, 02:01.

Comment

Whoa - turn's here already, a full day early!!

Comment

airforce survived unscathed - but we lost 2 ships - a coastguard cruiser and a transport foil (to a chopper)

If I'm not mistaken, a chopper grounded between turns can be taken out by any unit, so we can destroy it with either our veteran F-6 from Fort Sol, or the disciplined B-6 at the same base (and maybe get a morale boost to hardened)
              Attached Files

Comment

Two battles lost, apparently the Angels found a ship hiding in the Fungus near southern Arcadia.

The world map is here, revealing that the Gaians are indeed popbooming big time. Quite ugly ICS there, I should add. It seems the most inviting invasion point is a bit too far south for us to get good air support, though. We might need a base in southern Arcadia to help that.

What is Yang is prototyping in Manufacturing Warrens? The chassis, new shielding, or Missile weapons?
                Last edited by Modo44; October 10, 2005, 02:00.
                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
                  What is Yang is prototyping in Manufacturing Warrens? The chassis, new shielding, or Missile weapons?
                  Missile Cruiser

And as he's got (and has lost to Morgan) some missile speeders, and has 12 active 3res sentinels, it must be the cruiser chassis that he's prototyping

Comment

Questions:
                    • How can the Angel base Googlieplex support a thinker? It only has 4 pops.
                    • Do we want to focus on civil or military infrastructure first in Southern Arcadia? Eg creches & tree farms in HW & KH versus an aerospace complex & bioenhancement center in ARC?
                    • Does 18.30 sound like a good spot to hide the Disco Volante (if we want to steal Bioeng from the Corporation that is)?
                    • Where to station the SNC Tiger's Claw?
                    • Plans or home base for our other transports while we haven't decided on another military operation?
                    • Plans for our SCCs? Troll the fungus or so to keep them busy?

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                      airforce survived unscathed - but we lost 2 ships - a coastguard cruiser and a transport foil (to a chopper)
                      Suspicious. It seems strange they would venture a chopper outside the range it can return safely to base if they didn't know something was there.

I'll have a look at the turn btw and do some micro-economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                        e.g. one at 55:17 (currently a forested river tile immediately southeast of Fort Buster) could be worked from FB, Cratersouth or Citadel - it's currently a 1-3-2 tile, so a 0/7/9 tile (with the crater mineral bonus and the river energy bonus) would be a significant upgrade
                        I'm not sure, but it's possible that the crater mineral bonus is ignored if you plant a borehole on them. I'll have to check it...

Shortage? I have it running at 1 surplus (and in any event, it'll get another nut from next turn on with the Hydroponic satellite) - you might have a fungal bloom in your base radius that I don't have
                        I mean Río Grande. But you're right: sky hydroponics labs will solve many problems.

It currently has 2 condensor farms (8 nuts), 2 seakelps (6 nuts) 7 forest tiles (14 nuts) and 5 nuts in unworked farms, plus the imminent hydroponic nut. That's 17 population, but we only need to feed 16
                        We could use those condensers for popbooming SC1 or OA. But you're right: some sky hydroponics labs can solve it all.

Comment

Didn't have the time to do much. See you tomorrow hopefully.
                          • Road built on the borehole construction site.
                          • Did the worm hunting moves - all unsuccesful.
                          • We'll lose our F-8 in Heaven. We could save it by suiciding a few planes, but that would cost even more resources. Perhaps a suicide mission of the F-8 against Delirium Camp, taking out one of their F-6s?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah - quite unsporting of them to block our exit route!!

I say we suicide it by removing one of their F-6's - we can more affordably replace our lost one than they can, so it's a good trade off

Comment

Carried on with the turn for a few moves:
                              • brought the lads home from heaven (except the F-8)
                              • suicided the F-8 at KodyCryptor - took out their F-6 there (and ironically, got a promo to Elite!!)
                              • Moved our veteran B-6 fromFort Sol to take out the chopper - unveiled a probe team in the fungus nearby - that's how they knew our fleet was there (see pic below).
                              • Destroyed the chopper with the B-6 and the probe team with Fort Sol's F-6
                              • Ran a recce south thru the seafungus with Fort Sol's remaining Noodle (returning to base) - nothing showed up
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X