How do I multiplay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I multiplay?

I would like to try a multiplayer game sometimes.
    Anyone care to tell me what I need to play via internet and more important...how can I find myself some game?

Thanx in advance.

First, you need Civ MPE, not just regular CivII. Then, make sure you have loaded the latest patch since everybody in the game has to be using it, and most people have already loaded it.
    (you used to be able to download it from microprose.com, but the last time I tried, it said it couldn't find it... so you can find it at Apolyton)

Then the fun begins...
    I would also recommend you download ICQ from ICQ.com.
    This instant message software is what most people here use to set up games. You can post your intent to want to play... but most of the details usually get decided over ICQ. A list of players ICQ numbers can be found at http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum2/HTML/002014.html?7 on these forums.

Good luck!
    ------------------
    Ming
    CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
    Ming@Apolyton.net
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Ming (edited February 13, 2001).]</font>
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanx.

I did everything you said. Now to more important things...anyone care for a game?

My ICQ is 108182494.

Comment

Good luck... It sometimes takes a little while to be known as a player and to accumulate your own ICQ player list. Just be patient.

Surf the threads to see who is looking for a game. It's usually very hard to set up a game with a simple, "anybody looking for a game now post" (even though that sometimes works for me)
        It's usually better to post something like, looking for a game later today or a specific day...

Keep on Civin'
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Where are you, Shamael? Which time zone?

------------------
          Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
          Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
          Troll & Hydey Wrangler
          Mono Rules!
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

GMT+1,but I am usually able to play on weekends,late evenings or nights local time.

Comment

ahh another of the germanic tribes joins the civ world of multipalyer
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

GMT +1, same here?

very probable that he's either a Dutch or a German, just by experience

Comment

Working...
                X