X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY 2190 execution thread

I just opened the turn.

Some first observations:
    • Hercules (Alpha Centauri B) is reaching perihelion. Native life activity increased.
    • And I already noticed it immediately: fungal bloom near Fort Buster. On the plus side, this means five worms and a fungal tower to flame...
    • If I understand our indirect data on the Gaians correctly, they now also have Bio-engineering. Yet we haven't got it yet through the Planetary Datalinks. *sigh* I don't understand how that project works...
    • Someone gave Yang MMI.
    • The Angels are at truce again with the Hive. Perhaps the Angels gave it to get peace, screwing over the Morganites in the process?
    Attached Files
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Re: MY 2190 execution thread

Originally posted by Maniac [*]If I understand our indirect data on the Gaians correctly, they now also have Bio-engineering. Yet we haven't got it yet through the Planetary Datalinks. *sigh* I don't understand how that project works...

Someone (Googlie?) said that it only "updates" when we research a tech ourselves. It seems buggy, we should complain to Firaxis

I guess we should focus on building up our infrastructure this turn, no attacks are planned right?

Comment

Question:

Don't we want Zak to be at peace with everyone so that he is building base improvements/colony pods instead of those attack-Morgan units?

(and if so, we should invite the others to call him up and make peace. Remember, Zak tells us (for all) that "it is they who have started it"

I think that Morgan are being "politically correct" in not contacting him without our permission - after all, look what happened to the Angels when they did!!

Comment

Re: Re: MY 2190 execution thread

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen

Someone (Googlie?) said that it only "updates" when we research a tech ourselves. It seems buggy, we should complain to Firaxis
        Yeah I was a little confused.
        Also, the Gaians have had Bio-engineering all along. It's the Angels who still don't have it. So everything still as usual.

Comment

When flaming those mindworms, make sure you use one of the Commando units - they have a great chance of being uplifted to Elite!!

Comment

BWAHAHAHAH
            Attached Files

Comment

University has started again, meaning I won't be able to get online as often anymore during the week. Therefore, if someone wants to continue the turn, please do. I probably won't come online again for some 24 hours.

Some stuff I did now:
              • A B-4 from DF has been flown east to patrol Angel lands where two formers were spotted. Several other easy pickings were detected. By flying some bombers to (18.52), we can destroy two formers, a crawler and a probe team (that one could be killed by a fighter of course). By flying planes to (17.53), we could destroy those formers and a probe team, plus a drop militia. As suggested last turn, two Angel formers on (17.51) were bombed by B-4s. As long as we park an F-8 and F-6 on the same square as our bombers to prevent retaliations by the Angel F-6s, we should be relatively safe.
              • Tomcat-HW moved NW to build a road on the nut bonus.
              • SCC Iaci moved into B112 for repairs.
              • Kaj Kaoos flown to KH.
              • Mine started on (61.33).
              • Worm hunting with Rolling Thunder II unsuccesful.
              • In total 200 credits was gained from the fungal bloom near Fort Buster.
              • Forest planted west of MSN.
              • Sky hydroponics labs hurried with the MK11 crawler. FS will waste ten minerals though - I upgraded the crawler to a heavier model than necessary. So changing some workers in thinkers might be good for this turn.
              • Worm hunting in Northern Arcadia unsuccesful.

Some useful things to know:
              The Gaians are researching Orbital Spaceflight.
              Our population growth has stabilized - only Fort Soup is still popbooming.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                BWAHAHAHAH
                Great, isn't it?

When flaming those mindworms, make sure you use one of the Commando units - they have a great chance of being uplifted to Elite!!
                Damn I already flamed them - with the elite unit.
                Reason was because of the children's creche being screwed up, we get a -12,5% penalty when attacking from within a base with a CC. Therefore I used the new elite AAA garrison, so that it could move outside the base and attack with full strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                  Great, isn't it?
                  It is. And while we're at it, take a look at the edited part of this post (link).
                  Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Here's a subsequent save after the air ops that Maniac outlined:

2 formers, the drop unit and the probe taken out from aircraft now parked on tile 17:53

2 crawlers taken out by aircraft parked now on 20:52

Both stacks have fighter protection

Subsequent edit: we'll likely lose our fighter on 17:53, as it's Disciplined, and the Angels will attack (I'm assuming) with theirs from Kodycryptor or Delirium Camp, both of which are Hardened (unless they throw both at our chaos fighter on 20:52)

We might actual;ly lose a fighter and a bomber at 17:53

Further edit: I winder what would happen if I placed both fighters running CAP on alert - would an unattacked one go to the defense of one being attacked (thus leaving its bombsr stack undefended? - I'll run a scenario test before doing anything rash)

Final edit: save removed as later turn now available
                    Last edited by Googlie; October 3, 2005, 21:22.

Comment

Some crawler rushes that can be made for instabuilds:
                      • Argos - 12 credits
                      • Fort Sol - 15 credits
                      • Kel harbour - 13 credits
                      • Messena - 11 credits
                      • Santiago Citadel - 9 credits (after redeploying workers from condensors to forests - it is maxxed out with a healthy nut surplus)
                      • Sparta Command - 14 credits

2 Nuts Strand can be rushed for 25 credits, but unless instabuilding, there's precious little there to crawl

Craterwest's former can be rushed for 20 credits

We have 543 in our reserves

Comment

Hmm - Zak's lone Missile Noodle is overnighting at Vijayanagar -I wonder where he's going with that?

AU can produce a colony pod per turn and replenish population to 16 same turn - is it time to start growing Zak's population with some cp gifts?

Comment

Hacker Strait renamed to Conquistador Channel - any better name to rub it in?

Comment

Some additional moves:
                            • mindworm captured at 1:59 by trolling scout rover
                            • 2nd former at 81:13 assists in forestry works
                            • mindworm trolling Uni border stirs nothing up
                            • Hoplites gang-hunting on Mt Taygetus disturb a sleeping mindworm and flame it
                            • 2nd former at Vlad joins first in forestry operations
                            • IoD off Gaia's west coast explores and then retreats

(I'm reluctant to do more as I've been out of the loop - what are the plans for the newly completed crawlers? The idle formers? the various ships in transit?)
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Googlie; October 3, 2005, 21:32.

Comment

I'm afraid I will be completely unavailable to have a look at the turn or play anything before the deadline. I have six hours consecutive courses today.

Re the air ops near the Angels. To prevent losses we should have kept all our air units on one square, even if that meant we couldn't destroy everything we saw.

I can't see the situation, but from memory: there is a second F-6 in Defiance Freehold. That could be parked on the stack that has F-6 support. (I assume they won't bother to attack an F-8). Also IIRC there's a fighter in a base west of Def Freehold. Perhaps we could move it DF so that we can retaliate next turn should the Angels decide to seek revenge on our bomber stacks?

Comment

Working...
                              X