Cubs must win.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs must win.

Cubs, you owe Philly big time. We gave you Ryan Sandberg and Ferguson Jenkins for virtually nothing. You must beat the Astros today.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Cubs knock the Astros out of the playoffs

But a win isn't enough for Philly... they too have to win just to get into a tie situation.

So... since the chances for Philly are grim... and I have Ozwalt in a fantasy league...

GO HOUSTON. It doesn't matter to the Cubs
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Though Ryan Howard should definetly get the RoY.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

As always, the Cubs never fail to disappoint.

Comment

Too bad they couldn't get this one for Mad Dog.
          I see D. Lee failed to get his 200th hit, too. Still won the batting title.

Dusty and Hendry got the sub-.500 season they deserved.
          Idiots.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You gave us hell in the 80's with Mike Schmidt. Cubs owe Philly nothing.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

two things about Houston...

1. WTF is with that goddamned train that sounds its horn every time Houston scores a run? it's more annoying than the stupid Viking horn that Minnesota plays whenever the Vikings get a first down... and what does a train have to do with the Astros? shouldn't there be like a rocket ship or something?

2. After Houston won the game, the Scoreboard said "Wild Card 2005 Champions..." You aren't Champions of anything you morons... you are just the wild card team. The team that wins the world series is the Champion... dumbasses

I hope the Padres or Atlanta goes to the world series... I don't like St. Louis, I hate the Astros... god.... I REALLY HATE THE ASTROS...

and Roger Clemens is probably a steroid user... no way that guy isn't on the juice

and what about Cleveland?

all last month everyone is saying TEH WHITE SOX ARE CHOKERS ZOMFG... well you know what? CLEVELAND CHOKED... they lost 6 out of their last 7 and the White Sox swept them in the last series of the year... they missed the playoffs...

all I heard is "ZOMFG teh Indians are playing .700 ball, they are the best team in baseball, they will win the world series..." TOO BAD YOU HAVE TO MAKE TEH PLAYOFFS TO WIN THE WORLD SERIES MORONS!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH

although, I would rather have Travis Hafner and Sizemore instead of Rowand and Jermaine Dye...

I hope teh White Sox can beat teh Red Sox... but I don't think they will...

plus, nobody outside of Chicago wants the White Sox to win... the National Media wants the Red Sox to win...

East Coast bias is bull****

they just want another Yankees versus Red Sox ALCS

I hope it's Angels vs White Sox

and then Padres versus Atlanta in the NLCS

then the White Sox beating the National League winner (I don't care which NL team) and being the first Chicago world series winner in like over 85 years

that would make this season awesome... better than last year

screw Boston...

they probably wouldn't even make a 2 star romantic comedy movie starring some washed up Saturday night live douche (jimmy fallon) and some not even that hot actress (drew barrymore) about the White Sox winning the world series... that just goes to prove there is an East coast bias...
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No, it just goes to prove that no one likes Chicago .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Didn't the Cubs win the World Series in "Rookie of the Year"?
                  "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                  ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                  "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

And if you actually saw that movie (I'm embarrassed to say that I did), you'd know that no one likes Chicago. They were the team forced to be the main team in that movie .

Comment

If the Phillies were serious about getting to the postseason, they'd remove Jimmy Rollins and his career 93 OBP+ from the top of their lineup. How many fewer men were on base this year when Abreu, Burrel, and Howard came to bat thanks to Rollins?
                      Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        And if you actually saw that movie (I'm embarrassed to say that I did)
                        I saw the movie. But then, I was about 7 at the time...
                        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                        X