Turkish Hackers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish Hackers...

So a website that a friend of mine administers was just hacked, which is kind of odd considering the fact that the site gets absolutely no traffic.

But... this hacker left a message in a different language, and we're curious to see what it was this individual - or this program - is saying. Anyone here that can translate this?

TÜRK TÜRK'Ü SAHLASIN!

Nerden geliyor? Tanrikut'un ordularindan!
    Lakin bize bir beyt okuyor kutlu yarindan:

Darbeyle gönüllerde yatan ülkü silinmez!
    Atsiz yere düsmekle bu bayrak yere inmez!..
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

The only Turkish to English translator on the net seems to be down.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yes, I know. That's amusing.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I can only recognize a couple of words.

TÜRK TÜRK'Ü SAHLASIN!

Where geliyor? Tanrikut'un ordularindan!
        Lakin bize one beyt okuyor kutlu yarindan:

Darbeyle gönüllerde yatan ülkü silinmez!
        Atsiz yere düsmekle bu flag yere inmez!..
        Quendelie axan!

Comment

So what language is that exactly?

Comment

Looks like Turkish.
            Anceran should be able to give us an exact translation when he shows up.

There is a word in Bulgarian from Turkish origin that sounds like "bayrak" and means "flag/banner".
            I am sure that "bir" means "one" in Turkish. The rest is not clear for me.
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

Oddly, I couldn't translate a single word of that with an online dictionary I was using, though the words Og translate work correctly - just with slightly different spellings or diacritical marks.

I wonder if you were hacked by people who were PRETENDING to be turkish?

Also, do a google for "sahlasin". It comes up with a bunch of other sites that had not dissimilar things ...
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og
                Looks like Turkish.
                Anceran should be able to give us an exact translation when he shows up.

There is a word in Bulgarian from Turkish origin that sounds like "bayrak" and means "flag/banner".
                I am sure that "bir" means "one" in Turkish. The rest is not clear for me.
                i am surprised you can even translate that much given that Turkish is written in Latinic while Bulgarian is a Slavic language written in Cyrilic.

Comment

I have no idea about the Turkish spelling. I have only heard these words. AFAIK Turkish spelling is pretty straight forward like German, not like French.
                  Quendelie axan!

Comment

Oerdin I am familiar with the Latin alphabet
                    Quendelie axan!

Comment

I'm just saying that the translation dictionary, which is a pretty cruddy one that I found, is probably a bit of a stickler, whereas a turkish person might not be
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Really? Can you prove that?

From what I've just been looking up it seems to be some sort of patriotic Turkish rhyme/song or something.
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Might be Turkish 1337 speak
                          Quendelie axan!

Comment

Clearly. However, familiar with the Turkish use of the Latin alphabet is a whole other matter.

The Latin alphabet means a great many things depending upon which language is being written. Ever seen Dutch vs English vs Swedish uses for the letter "y"?
                            Last edited by Dinner; September 29, 2005, 03:07.

Comment

"y", the bi letter.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X