No announcement yet.

[PBEM] Sign-up for first Civ4 PBEM: co-op teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no where, its civ3 that went somewhere suddenly, in le poubelle so to speak. i mean, that game really sucks now. i don't think civ4 will, and therefore i'm looking forward to some 658 days of civ4'ing

Comment

well, great to have you back
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Sabre,

I'll have a crack at this, may as well get straight into it

Comment

first post updated...

so far following have shown interest:
          * sabrewolf
          * Platypus Rex
          * ChrisiusMaximus
          * snoopy369
          * smellymummy
          * Mickeyj

currently no more slots... or 2 more if 4vs4 requested

oh, and please, let us have this game moving. i'm sick of slow running PBEMs from civ3. i hope with the freshness of civ4, people will be more motivated

Comment

would like to join you guys if you decide you have room. would rather be with sabre than against him
            Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

I'd also sign up if you guys decide to make it 4 vs. 4.

Comment

welcome LN and Jshelr 4 x 4 sounds great, or with 1 more a 3x3x3 could be on the cards

More dynamics for sure /
                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Sabre how soon do you want this to start ? will you want a week to play the game or shall we jump straight in ?

Maybe we could have a builder only game and a no holds barred game ? running at same time to scrutinise different aspects of the new game ?
                  A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

We might want to play a couple of games, instead of a huge 4x4 ... just because it takes so long with 8+ players ...

2 2x2 games, or a pair of 3x3/2x2x2 games with a mishmash of people (some playing both) would be interesting
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

i understand your being dubious about a larger game snoop, look at the team game we had going in civ 3 it crawled and eventually died.

But two things the first is the rejuvenated interest in thiis new edition could actually help speed up the game, lets remember we had no option for PBEM with civ 3 at first, but this time were ready from the off.

Secondly if we had say teams of 3 or 4 working together then a shared password could easily help avoid major delays when/if a certain player is away or over loaded with Real life.

lets remember this game will support 12 civs in PBEM, now why would they bother giving us this increase ? I would say because it actually is more fun to play with/against other people and PBEM is a great way to do this.

Myself Im happy to partake whatever number is decided on here but I will be seeking to either join or start some games with max civs up and running. Im hoping the new interest and the team play options will prove my dream right

Comment

just posting "properly" so i get emailed when others post.
                        Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

we could try the 4vs4 game.
                          but i really was disappointed by most games with 6 or more players. in fact, only 2 of them got played far enough to get some action.
                          rejuvenation may be the case, but the risk of at least somebody dropping out always exists.
                          and on a largish map this may take too long.

in my opinion we have following options:
                          A) have two 2+2 games.
                          B) two 3+3 games where two of us play in two games (i'd "volunteer" for that )
                          C) the idea of 2+2+2 sounds cool, but then i'd want to throw in an AI team so that we dont end up with 4vs2.

what do you guys think?

Comment

Sabre how soon do you want this to start ? will you want a week to play the game or shall we jump straight in ?

the US americans amongst us (6 of 8 from the looks of it) will be getting the game sooner. i expect to receive my copy around the 31st october but will only be back from the army on 1st late at night.
                            so i was reckoning to start somewhere around the 3rd? that would give some time of practise to the lucky ones. or would you want to start a separate PBEM earlier (--> new thread )

Maybe we could have a builder only game and a no holds barred game ? running at same time to scrutinise different aspects of the new game ?

i definatly want a builder only game some day, but initially, i'd prefer to try the out-of-the-box version, maybe only disabling city razing and such stuff. all variations (locked wars, PP game (=builder), 5CC, etc) will come soon enough. but then again --> new thread?

Comment

and last of all, jshelr,
                              would like to join you guys if you decide you have room. would rather be with sabre than against him

i agree. you were a bloody tough oponent and a damn good diplomat. i much prefer playing with you than against you

just posting "properly" so i get emailed when others post

fyi: at the top of the page just below the thread title, there is a section "Page: Print | Email | Subscribe | Report News". you can click subscribe there

Comment

* sabrewolf
                                * Platypus Rex
                                * ChrisiusMaximus
                                * snoopy369
                                * smellymummy
                                * Mickeyj
                                * jshelr
                                * Lord Nuclear

I'd like to propose 2 3x3 games:

Snoopy369
                                Sabrewolf
                                Jshelr
                                vs
                                PlatyRex
                                LordNuclear
                                smellymummy

Snoopy369
                                (smellymummy)
                                vs
                                sabrewolf
                                (jshelr)
                                vs
                                (Platy)
                                (Chrisius)
                                plus 4 AIs teamed together

() means tentative, as they haven't said they'd want to play 2 games

Any thoughts?
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X