Problems with AoM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with AoM

Sorry, I searched very hard, but I didnt find the solution for the following problem in the FAQs. I installed ctp2 fresh, installed patch1_11, downloaded the file "agesofman_v11" which is 533 Mb large. I did the steps, described in the installation guide. I can start with "MODSWAP", but

if i choose "The Ages of Man V 3000 BC" the game starts to load, then crashes down to desktop and teh following two messages appear:
    1.:

c:\Programme\AOM5.5.05\AOM5.5.05\ctp2_data\default \
    gamedata\AOM_Special10.slc:327: Symbol AOMTriumphSurr is undefined

2.:

c:\Programme\AOM5.5.05\AOM5.5.05\ctp2_data\default \
    gamedata\AOM_Special10.slc:327: Variable 'AOMTriumphSurr' used in assignment has unknown type

if i choose "The Ages of Man V 1.00",
    the game gets loaded, i can start a "New game", but when i wanna "launch" the new game, the game doesnt find my cd, which is in the cdrom.

To all human beings with a heart, HELP ME, I know that i will love this game. Iam working to get this game running for 11 hours since 5 o clock in the morning, slowly i get suicidal....

For the CD problem, go to D:\Setup\data\Add\ctp2_program\ctp\ directory on your CTP2 CD (maybe your CD drive has another letter then D) and copy there the file texture.dat to your c:\Programme\AOM5.5.05\AOM5.5.05\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder and confirm overwriting.

Your former problem seems to be a bug in AOM.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks a lot Martin!

So the smaller prob is solved.

Thank you very much, the first moment in the last 12 hours, that had something positive.

Greetings and
      Liebe Grüße an den großen deutschen Bruder (D) vom kleinen
      deutschen Bruder (Ö)!

Comment

Ask here: AoM-Forum

Comment

When I did the diplomacy update, I ommitted to fully update the later starting files for a new victory issue. My apologies. The full campaign (v1.00) is not affected.

If you email me at ;
          stankarp@bigpond.com.au I will send you the two new files required.

My apologies again.

Comment

Working...
          X