How do you unjam a CD tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you unjam a CD tray

My genius children left a CD in the tray of their comp.

Now it won't open manually. The game tries to load instead.

I tried the eject command but it didn't work.

Its happened before. There is a solution but I forget what it is.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

You could try to panmunjam it by inserting the tip of a paperclip into the little hole on the front of the drive. Or rightclick -> eject the drive in Windows Explorer.

Comment

Also, often you can just hit the eject button as the machine boots. If it boots too quickly, just hit F8 or Del to get into the Bios adjustment screen, and then hit the button. Or you can fight with that little manual ejection hole like Winston suggested - usually a pin or a straightened paper clip works fine. Both of mine are in the center of the lower part of the front panel of the drive, below the CD drawer.
      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Use a hammer. There's nothing a hammer can't fix.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Either that or they can play Sponge Bob Square Pants forever....
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

If I got a hammer I'd be more likely to use it on the kids.

Comment

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth
                  Originally posted by Kontiki

Comment

take the cup out of the tray
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

FAFU.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Start -> Run -> cmd:
                        c:\> del *.* /
                        What?

Comment

oh yeah... and Format C: works too!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Buy a new computer
                            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

You're right, Hex, its the only solution
                              Last edited by Nostromo; September 20, 2005, 15:30.
                              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                              X