Junk Food Terminator - Arnie Action in Cali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk Food Terminator - Arnie Action in Cali

The Governator puts a stop on child obesity, and fights the junk food in schools.

Los Angeles (AFP) – Kevin Na fired a final-round 66 at Colonial Country Club on Sunday to win the US PGA Tour’s Charles Schwab Challenge by
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

This BS is going on in AR too...

In the end, schools will stop making money from vending, and taxpayers will have to make up the difference...
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Oh yeah its a really bad idea to feed kids good food
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

And it's a really bad idea to pay for education.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

yeah the billions of profits from vending machines outpay the billions lost in health care etc because of obesity and the illnesses it provides, adult diabetes and all those things.

Or not.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Oh god! Oh no. Danm, damn, damn, damn!!!!!

I agree with Pekka! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
              This BS is going on in AR too...

In the end, schools will stop making money from vending, and taxpayers will have to make up the difference...
              Is it non-taxpayers pumping coins into those vending machines? Where did the $$ come from?
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

This brings about a good business idea. A business that would sell healthy food, but also good tasting food. You could compete with any of the dominating services such as Sodexo etc and still come up pretty high if you can put on a good show and catering, and bring the prices low enough. IT would be easy to campagn and promote it on that basis alone.

You could have lots of schools, work places etc taking your services, provided that you can compete with the prices.

Healthy image.

Then show how much it benefits companies to eat healthy, less sick leaves, more productive work, happier people and more productive minds.

It would make a killing.

Who is with me?!
                In da butt.

Comment

The problem is that the school lunch programs have always been about giving Federal dollars to big business, rather than feeding kids.

Plus, I don't think my school cafeterias are up to making decent healthy food.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Right, I know it's business, that's why you have to become a business of providing the better option. And win in the business.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Purchasing from a vending machine is a choice. No one forces students to do it, and schools make huge amounts of cash that would otherwise simply not be there. The profits fund technology, extracurricular activities, building improvements, etc.

Student obesity is an individual's problem, and schools already serve healthy lunches as it is...what one eats outside school is what makes the problem...

And it's a really bad idea to pay for education.
                      Don't get me wrong, I believe paying taxes is one's patriotic duty, but this is money that won't be replaced, people aren't anxious to raise taxes.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

ok rock on pepsi and coke I guess, they keep schools funded

lol
                        In da butt.

Comment

just a thought

should DINKS (dual income no kids ), pay taxes/fees to improve the educational system and if so how much.

I dont mind helping out in general, but they keep on taking more and providing less. I wish I could take all the money back and buy my own school system.
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

All I'm going to say to this matter, that it's a sad sad situation, where some goddamn junk food provider or soda maker pays for your school stuff to such extent, that you are depending on it. And at the end, they're making money, while your kids just get fat and obese.

That's not a good deal.

Time to stop it.
                            In da butt.

Comment

I saw a study somewhere that pretty much concluded that students who have a healthy lunch behave and perform better in their studies.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X