Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Paradox game are you playing these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Paradox game are you playing these days?

I'm playing EU2. My second game. As England, Age of Exploration (1492 start) vanilla 1.08.

Im enjoying it, though not as much fun as my Spain game. I think Ive been at peace too long. I suppose I should go after the Iroquois and the Creek soon.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

I'm not playing much games these days as I use to, it has been so much other things to do, but when I play, it's much CK and EU2. In fact, I started a game as Poland 1492 yesterday. It's been a while since I touched EU2 now, so I feel my skills(which were somewhat mediocre at best) now is a bit rusty...
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I think the thread title should be game(s) are you playing, but that is a moot point.

As for myself, I am greatly enjoying Europa Universalis 2, like LotM, I have only played a few games (Scotland complete, I stopped Venice with 1 1/2 years left, but I intend to finish it, and I am currently playing Brittany in 1802...in addition to Portugal on my work computer, but it is around 1550 or so in that game and I don't get to play it very often).

I recently loaded Victoria and was impressed. Although it has a similar interface to EU2, I have played about 30 years (and 30 years in Victoria is alot longer than 30 years in EU2) and I have yet to fight in a war, though I did join one at the request of my allies, I was in the war in name only. It is very different from EU2, with a lot of different choices, and much more micromanagement, most of which I have yet to figure out

Comparing the 2 games I will say that EU2 had me reading the manual because I eagerly wanted to know more about the game, whereas I seem content to plod through Victoria (and as a result I am not doing as well as I could be I suspect)....though playing as France I started out as a leader and still am.......2nd place right now I think.

I would like to try Crusader Kings, but not only is it likely beyond my computer, but still out of my price point as well.

/me
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Happily playing EU2. I have tried CK but could not get into it. It's rather different to EU2 and, IMHO, has some fairly serious flaws, so I went back to EU2. CK2 might be good.

I will almost certainly try Diplomacy when it comes out.
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

CK is pretty different, but try out the latest beta if you haven't. CK pre and post the beta patches is two totally different games, and beta has made it much better.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Currently playing HOI2, with sittings of CK.
            "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
            I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
            --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Playing EU2 again, tired of HOI1-2/Vicky. Never licked CK.

Oh my precious:

How do you like my Paradox medal?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Serb; November 7, 2005, 17:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
                Never licked CK.
                Me neither.
                Last edited by Nikolai; September 23, 2005, 16:23.

Comment

Currently fighting the Great War in Victoria.

Last edited by Maniac; September 23, 2005, 21:44.
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

You have some good allies there. They will become handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

Me neither.
                      'Licked', 'liked', like there is a big difference.

Whatever CK is too easy and way worse than other Paradox games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                        You have some good allies there. They will become handy.
                        Russia has no allies, except Russian army and Russian fleet.

Comment

EU2. but I've bought Victoria/Two Thrones/Crown of the North recently and am gonna play it soon
                          I've played this ww2 game as well, but it was too addictive which, together with me sucking at it, made me quit it.
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
                            Russia has no allies, except Russian ... fleet.
                            Which is getting thoroughly trounced by the British dreadnoughts.
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

British what?
                              You allow them to have dreadnoughts?
                              Nuke the bastards!
                              Just don't tell me you don't have nukes in 1912.

Comment

Working...
                              X