Provocations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provocations

How do you deal with someone who keeps bugging you or provocating you, untill he gets a reaction of some sort? It's pretty annoying already when he sends gazzillions of pm's full of crap and whining until you give a reply, however small it is. But it's worse if he drags a beer can out of your hands, throws it to your face and starts shouting in the middle of a packed room that you hit him in the face...
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Re: Provocations

Originally posted by Colon
    How do you deal with someone who keeps bugging you or provocating you, untill he gets a reaction of some sort? It's pretty annoying already when he sends gazzillions of pm's full of crap and whining until you give a reply, however small it is.
    Ignore list... it blocks PM's.

But it's worse if he drags a beer can out of your hands, throws it to your face and starts shouting in the middle of a packed room that you hit him in the face...
    then it would be time for a BEAT DOWN
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

How do you deal with someone who keeps bugging you or provocating you, untill he gets a reaction of some sort?
      I say, "Knock it off, Sava."

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

When you are not in position where you are in threat of getting attacked, just ignore it.

If you are in position where attack is imminent, attack first. It's the good old FAFU rule (First Action Force Use) that I have tried to teach you guys (mentally). You hit first, you hit second, and you hit until the threat does not pose any realistic challenge anymore. If there's more than one suspect, and the possibility of weaponry being involved, you stand up, you shout something really loud (STOP!), (FU!) something out of the blue and start running. THe shout gives you the time to turn your back and start making it like the fastest man on earth, unobjected. Then you just.. keep on running.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Guy: meh

I've never raged you before
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If he's already telling you that you hit him in the face then why not fullfill his prophecy.
            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Nah it's really simple though.

If someone is provocating you, they're looking for an answer.

Now, if you can ignore it, thne you should.

If you can't, then you must do something. WHat that something is you need to get away or make it stop. Getting away is pretty trivial how that is done, but if you can't go anywhere or don't want to, but you want to provocation to stop, then it depends. Is the person going to stop it likely or not, if they are, like fi they're angry but not very aggressive, let them go on until they finish and be calm. Don't give them reasons to nag for any longer than they need to. So just be calm. Don't give them reasons to continue.

If they are aggressive, show no fear, show no weakness. This will accelerate the provocation and the chances of you getting attacked. It's a fact, they're like dogs, when they see your fear or weakness, they'll get only worse. SO be strong, act it out, gather your courage and make your decision. Those 3 decisions are:

Escape.
              Try to talk it out, see what happens.
              Attack first.

YOu should look into options number 1 and 2 first. Can you escape, or can you talk it down. REMEMBER: Most of the times it works to just talk. THis doesn't mean you need to be submissive little girlie boy. Likely doesn't work. Just be strong, self confident, and make some sense to the provocator. Don't threaten them, but appear to be not one of those push-around guys.

Sometimes you might want to wait it out. Most of hte times there is no physical attacks.

But if the threat is VERY strong and imminent, try to kill them all. You are likely to fail, but they will get the message.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Well, I scolded at him after he hit me with that can and I sort of left him bumbling when I walked out. Didn't stop him from waving at me a bit later. Encountered him a couple more times then next few hours but he didn't bother me.

The problem is that he's not only sickly craving for attention (from anyone) but that he also seems hell-bent on proving I'm a whimp.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

How do you deal with someone who keeps bugging you or provocating you, untill he gets a reaction of some sort? It's pretty annoying already when he sends gazzillions of pm's full of crap and whining until you give a reply, however small it is. But it's worse if he drags a beer can out of your hands, throws it to your face and starts shouting in the middle of a packed room that you hit him in the face...
                  Surrender. You have no choice.
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

Heresson just presented to us the Polish way of solving conflcit

Colon, he wants to prove you'rea wimp? React un-wimpishly you must!

Comment

ohh it's one of those types.. that just might be one of the most annoying types of people I can think of.. well.. then it's not so simple. You need a strategy.

You either have to listen to that BS, or you have to make it stop either by giving him what he wants, and going at it, or maybe you can work something else out.. I think you might be able to work something else out. If he wants to prove you are a wimp, then why don't you prove he's an idiot.

That way he loses. If he still continues to bug you, thne you can also prove him wrong int he wimp thing. That way he double loses.
                      In da butt.

Comment

He has made a fool himself over and over again already... in all seriousness, he's just an crybaby who got himself convinced he's some gangsta. It's as if I'm dealing with a 12 year old.

Comment

Admit it, this is about Ming.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Hell man once the beer flew and hit me in the face i would have already tackled and beat the crap out of him. No need to stand around and let this fool be a jerk seems he needs to be put in his place. But once again this is just me.
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                              Admit it, this is about Ming.

My opinion is: this person You're talking about needs help.
                              Ask him why does he act like this, and try to help him.
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X