SimCity 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimCity 4

It's been out for how long now, and I have yet not bought the game.

But I have read some reviews of the game on amazon.com -- some were positive, and others were negative. I remember reading one negative review that said that the AI does a crappy job in routing Sims from one place to another, not necessarily taking advantage of any good transportation system you built for them to use. And he mentioned a couple of other problems.

Does anyone own SimCity 4 and if so, what is your opinio of the game? And what about any patches offered online for SimCity 4? I want more insight from others before I buy it.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Many of said problems can be fixed with downloaded mods.

Check the Simcith RH game threads for details.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

ok, thanks -- what about the official website for SimCity 4?

Comment

Well you NEED the Rushhour expansion for sure!!(!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Now I've made that clear, yeah. What Smiley said, don't even bother playing it until you've installed the official patch and certain addons, in particular NAM ("Network Addon Mod"), NAM installation is confusing but worth it. There are also a lot of options, from bugfixed standard game to Sandbox (no congestion etc). Unfortunately in the SC4 RH game here we are using sandbox settings so it's no challenge but whatever. I know some people just like building cities as in exercise in aesthetics and care not for traffic managment, anyway NAM gives you that option, so whatever floats your boat.

Yeah. It's definitely worth buying.

Comment

Yep, it's worth buying if you (as already mentioned) gets the Rush Hour exp pack. Also make sure to patch the game and download the most important mods for the game...
          I haven't played this game a year though, so I don't know what's the best mods out there
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
            Well you NEED the Rushhour expansion for sure!!(!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Now I've made that clear, yeah. What Smiley said, don't even bother playing it until you've installed the official patch and certain addons, in particular NAM ("Network Addon Mod"), NAM installation is confusing but worth it. There are also a lot of options, from bugfixed standard game to Sandbox (no congestion etc). Unfortunately in the SC4 RH game here we are using sandbox settings so it's no challenge but whatever. I know some people just like building cities as in exercise in aesthetics and care not for traffic managment, anyway NAM gives you that option, so whatever floats your boat.

Yeah. It's definitely worth buying.
            Actually, I was going to see about saving ten bucks by buying SimCity 4 by itself, instead of with the Rush Hour expansion.

Is that heretical thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
              Actually, I was going to see about saving ten bucks by buying SimCity 4 by itself, instead of with the Rush Hour expansion.

Is that heretical thinking?
              Definitely go ahead and get RH. It's worth it.

Comment

Its good...

Id' recommend it.

Also, be sure to get Simcity 4 Rush Hour.

Also, download mods... they are great.

Have fun with it MrFun
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'll just repeat what everyone else is saying.

Simcity 4 stand-alone

Rush Hour + NAM
                  <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                  Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

SimCity 4 without expansions be especially lacking in Yarrr and woo. Rush Hour expansion (plus Network Addon mod plus a bunch of other stuff off of Simtropolis) be exceptionally Yarrr and woo.
                    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I'll just quickly recap what makes Rushhour awesome:

Proper Avenues, Ground Highways, One-way roads , Elevated Rail, Monorail, new bridges.

Avenues are one of the biggest things, they are so central to many cities it's amazing it took so long for them to be included. Ground Highways are very nice too.

Improved Pathfinding.

New lots and stuff, what you'd expect from an expansion, larger elementary school and high school, with MUCH higher capacities.

Also, most mods and plugins only work with Rush hour.

Comment

SimCity 4 without Rush Hour is like playing a beta.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
                          I'll just quickly recap what makes Rushhour awesome:

Proper Avenues, Ground Highways, One-way roads , Elevated Rail, Monorail, new bridges.

Avenues are one of the biggest things, they are so central to many cities it's amazing it took so long for them to be included. Ground Highways are very nice too.

Improved Pathfinding.

New lots and stuff, what you'd expect from an expansion, larger elementary school and high school, with MUCH higher capacities.

Also, most mods and plugins only work with Rush hour.
                          Ok, I'm coverted, and have renounced my pagan, ignorant belief that only SimCity 4 without the expansion is pure.

Comment

Another soul saved
                            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

All that I need to do now, is to remove all the pagan artifices from my temple and convert it to a church, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X