Black and White.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black and White.

Has anyone else played this game? I know it's kind of old. I got this in the bargain bin for $10 USD. All I gotta say is that I am totally blown away. For a bargain game, it rock.

The AI is crazy. But the best part was when my avatar, which is a creature on the earth, told some villagers to follow him, pointed to where he wanted them to line up, then started dancing.

Then they did one of those "Soul Train" things where everyone walks down the line dancing. When my giant creature danced, all the little villagers chanted "Go! Go! Go!"

This game is crazy.

Here's a crappy screenie. I tried to get the "Soul Train" line, but I was blown away. If I get him taking a crap or chucking sheep I'll post it. The AI for my creature is nuts! He sometimes picks up sheep and launches em because he's bored....that's when I usually have to slap him and tell him to stop.
    Attached Files
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

I didn't find it that fun.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You critter is the best part of the game. The rest is just
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

WTF? Well, I would have liked it if I could have done one of those games where I just 'free build' and do whatever.

But I have picked up sheep and launched them into the sea...and, ahem, I have picked up my creatures poo and launched it at an opponents village.

I'm just blown away at the AI of this game.
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

I quite liked the village building. Call me weird but one of my strangest hobbies was starting a new village, populating it with exactly one pregnant villager then watching the village grow, assuming the baby was a boy ofcourse , if it wasn't well I'd just drop in a male.

I also liked seeing how much crap I could bring between levels, enterting the last level the portal stayed open for a good 10 minutes regurgitating crap, I'm talking thousands of villagers, stacks of scaffolds, enough wood to build a giant dozen wonders, dozens of artifacts, maybe a hundred miracle bubbles. I didn't find much time for my creature though.

Comment

If this game was a little bit more like Populous, then I would be happy.

Well, Pop and SimCity. I just like chucking villagers into the horizon if they seem lazy...

Comment

Give it a couple of days and you'll be back to disagree with your original post.

Comment

"Chucking sheep will never stop being funn..... oh."

Comment

I started playing again, but as neat a concept as the game is it just lacks the gameplay. Right now I'm building Giant slum cities in level 2. Biowarfare is kinda fun.

Originally posted by Blake
                  I quite liked the village building. Call me weird but one of my strangest hobbies was starting a new village, populating it with exactly one pregnant villager then watching the village grow, assuming the baby was a boy ofcourse , if it wasn't well I'd just drop in a male.

I also liked seeing how much crap I could bring between levels, enterting the last level the portal stayed open for a good 10 minutes regurgitating crap, I'm talking thousands of villagers, stacks of scaffolds, enough wood to build a giant dozen wonders, dozens of artifacts, maybe a hundred miracle bubbles. I didn't find much time for my creature though.
                  you can edit a file if throwing stuff in gets tedious.

Comment

I hated it. Why should I care about the stupid villagers?

I admit it was my fault I didn't read up more about the game. I just bought it based on a good review. I should have known it was a silly RTS game where I have to feed stupid villagers.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                      I started playing again, but as neat a concept as the game is it just lacks the gameplay. Right now I'm building Giant slum cities in level 2. Biowarfare is kinda fun.

you can edit a file if throwing stuff in gets tedious.
                      Trust me if it was tedious I wouldn't have been doing it. See land 4 is great because once you've done the initial stuff it's pretty much a sandbox, so I build these big cities all over the map, dozens of wonders and so on. Then at the end I just instantly dump all the cities into the vortex using teleporters. The wood is just a few casts of Miracle wood. Only the miracle bubbles & scaffolds take a while to package, I make scaffolds while the cities are populating.

Usually throwing that much stuff in breaks the game too, it'll crash on save and stuff. Definitely not actually a good idea strategy wise either, a much smaller population will work.

Comment

you can teleport your villagers into the vortexs? Whoa...that sound intriguing.

Comment

actually I admit I suck.

I hate games where you have to draw stupid symbols on the screen to cast spells. I find this to be tedious and I fail to see how this is realistic (as if spells exist in any kind of reality that we are familiar with). And Yes I suck at drawing symbols on the screen. I can never do it quick enough.

Comment

Try practising instead of giving up?

No, wait, find a good game first.

Comment

Dungeon Keeper is a good one, if only for its originality.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X