Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 10 scariest words in English

Hello, I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." -- Ronald Reagan

I imagine the people in New Orleans are quaking in their boots at the thought of the government coming to help them.

Speaking of which, why is New Orleans still flooding. Why has the Army Corps of Engineers started fixing the dikes? Why the hell is the government actins so ineptly on this? Why the hell weren't the walls reinforced after last year's near miss with Ivan? It's like Andrew all over again.
    Last edited by chequita guevara; August 31, 2005, 17:22.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

I suspect this thread is to be closed by Ming.

edit: fixed
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      I suspect this thread is to be closed.
      That's only eight words, you will have to try again.

Comment

"Sharks, tarantulas, piranhas, candirus and poisonous snakes attacking your crotch"
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Sava, Sava, Sava. That's a quote from teh Reagan, which conservatives love to bandy about about gub'mint interference. Yeah, I'm sure the people in NO are really worried about the government interfering. I think, most likely, is that they are worried the gub'mint won't interfere fast enough.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
            "Sharks, tarantulas, piranhas, candirus and poisonous snakes attacking your crotch"
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              Sava, Sava, Sava. That's a quote from teh Reagan, which conservatives love to bandy about about gub'mint interference. Yeah, I'm sure the people in NO are really worried about the government interfering. I think, most likely, is that they are worried the gub'mint won't interfere fast enough.
              yeah I know who said that...

I just think that you could have posted this in one of the other threads, that's all.

Nothing really groundbreaking here. No articles, nothing really off-topic to the point that it wouldn't be relevant in the other threads.

I agree with what you are saying though.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Consies would prefer to hear:

"We've got your daughter; one million dollars or she dies."
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

[libertarian]Screw FEMA, the National Guard, the Coast Guard, the Army Corps of Engineers, etc. This is what private charities are for![/libertarian]
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

That's a blatant misuse of Reagan's statement, and of course chegitz guevara is well aware of this. It was meant to address situations where government interference hinders the self-reliance of people or businesses, not potential life-or-death situations where it really doesn't matter who provides the help, as long as it gets there in time.

And of course, capitalizing on natural disasters and people in despair and desperation to further one's own miserable political agenda.

Comment

And you couldn't even manage to quote him right out of context. There was no "and", it was nine words, not ten.

Talk about desperation.

Comment

The truth is: you’re the Weak and I’m the Tyranny of Evil Men. But I’m trying, Ringo—I’m trying real hard to be the Shepherd

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                          That's a blatant misuse of Reagan's statement,
                          Hardly. Under Reagan and the first Bush, FEMA was cut to the bone. The only reason this Bush has anything to work with is cuz Clinton rebuilt the agency.

Comment

And you couldn't even manage to quote him right out of context. There was no "and", it was nine words, not ten.

Talk about desperation.
                            Oh and
                            http://www.google.com/search?hs=YFu&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%22ten+scariest+words+in+the+english+language%22&btnG=Search

Comment

That's a blatant misuse of Reagan's statement, and of course chegitz guevara is well aware of this. It was meant to address situations where government interference hinders the self-reliance of people or businesses, not potential life-or-death situations where it really doesn't matter who provides the help, as long as it gets there in time.
                              This is supposed to make me think Reagan's statement was less stupid? You make him sound like a total eejit who can't control his mouth.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X