Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US vs Europe Art Rumble, 1945-1965

Ok, let review the rules.

In this case we're talking visual arts, not literary or performing. Lets include painting, drawing, etching, and other image creation. Also sculpture, including found materials. No performance art. No film or video, cause I say so.

US artists are ones who spent most of their careers in the USA. Euro ones are those who spent most of their careers in Europe, including all of the USSR, and excluding all of Turkey.

Borderline cases will be resolved by discussion. Artists who did major works between 1945 and 1965 inclusive will be included. However they will be given weight based on the number and quality of works produced in that period. So Picasso is judged ONLY on his post 1945 work, forex.

Ok. Jackson Pollack.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

art died in 1918
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Sanju Topher, US.
        B♭3

Comment

Pass.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

This is one of the categories where the Americans will clearly win.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Does latin America count for the US?

Comment

Or say Burundi?

Comment

Romare Bearden, pwns all.

Last edited by chequita guevara; August 31, 2005, 19:37.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

For europe - Jean Cocteau. Did alot of great work before 1945, but after 1945 as well.
                    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                    Drake Tungsten
                    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                    Albert Speer

Comment

Andy Warhol for the US (just barely in the time frame).
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh, and for Europe, Picasso:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Andy Warhol
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Georgia O'Keefe.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

What about photography?

Comment

Working...
                              X