[OT] Opera web browser free for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [OT] Opera web browser free for today

I'd like to misuse my position of authority to mention that Opera, fastest web browser on Earth, is having its 10th anniversary party today. To celebrate, they are giving out free registration codes

I've been happily using Opera since version 4 days, and it's been getting ever awesomer at a steady clip. I've paid for my copy already, but I still snagged myself seven sets for each of my email addresses. It runs on Windows, Linux x86/PPC/Sparc, OS X, Solaris, and FreeBSD.

Go, go, go! Experience the ad-free awesomeness. Opera ain't gonna be free tomorrow.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Got my three. Thanks Leo!

Comment

How is it compared to Firefox?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've used Opera for some time as well. Very fast, steady and robust net reader. 6 on the dice from me

@Curt:
        I've used Firefox as well. Firefox works nice, but I like opera better in many ways. It's better looking, more user friendly, and if the browser crashes you get a screen upon next start up alowing you to continue were disconected. You can very easily use Opera as your e-mail reader. I discover new features almost every day that turns out very practical. All in all, very easy to use for non-geeks like myself and more than adequate for elite geeks.
        Last edited by Eivind IV; August 30, 2005, 15:29.
        Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

No pop-ups, cookies can be automagically erased! Thanks for the link, Leo.
          El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Thanks!

I've been using Opera since version 5 and it became by standard with 7 (with a short Firefox interlude). Never paid for it though.

Originally posted by curtsibling
            How is it compared to Firefox?

The only sure way to find out is to try it for yourself. You might love it, you might hate it. I'm sure we can list the differences between the two; advantages, disadvantages etc., but at least for me it usually comes down to having the right "feeling" with an application. Something can have all the features I want, but when the interface is unintuitive or it just looks fugly I still won't use it.

It installs and uninstalls cleanly and it's a small download and program, so there's no excuse for not trying, at least (unless you're just not interested, or perfectly happy with what you're using now).

Mercator
            Scenario League Moderators for Opera

Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Just to remind others that they can´t get their free codes anymore
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
              X