More NZ Election Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More NZ Election Madness

The election here has turned into more of a quagmire of negative campaigning, with no party really giving a crap about their policies.

Anyway...

Chances are this fun bunch could gain 5% of the vote this election, and claim the following

- New Zealand was first discovered not by Abel Tasman, but by a Portuguese sailor who got lost, fell asleep, was awoken by god and followed an angel to find NZ
    New Zealand has:-
    1. A government gone evil
    2. A radical homosexual agenda
    3. Media: a modern day witchcraft, and
    4. A retreat of religion in New Zealand

They call themselves centrists

In more mainstream parties... you can calculate how much YOU'D save if you elect the National opposition into government! http://www.taxcuts.co.nz/ . The party also plans to do away with seats for Maori, and to end all treaty handouts in 5 years... which is rather dull.

The liberal front-bum Labour party plans no tax cuts, but wishes to spend our $4bn surplus on more teachers and reduce class sizes to 20 per class for 5-11 year olds. They also plan to cancel interest on student loans.

The NZ First Party (reactionist oldies party)'s campaigning has consisted of their 50 something leader in a swimsuit on a beach, and a van going around towns shouting out "Vote for us. We're alright kinda guys!".

The Greens are the Greens. Less pollution, blah blah blah...

The more moderate Christian Party is getting hardly any votes now. A campaigner from them knocked on my door recently, and when I asked what their policies were she stated "We are for family values and for increasing equality for averae New Zealand families". When I asked what this meant I was informed that she had to leave.

All in all I don't think I want anyone to win. Cue me up for scribbling all over my voting ballot and wasting a sheet of paper.

At least you don't live in the United States. The SBCFTS* are invading. It's pandemonium..

*Scary Brown People From The South
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

And my wife and I had wondered if New Zealand might be a better place than the US if we ever chose to emigrate.
      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

- New Zealand was first discovered not by Abel Tasman, but by a Portuguese sailor who got lost, fell asleep, was awoken by god and followed an angel to find NZ

And I bet an Angel came down and told them.

Man, I'm glad I'm not in NZ this year, I think the general people just give up on the government these days, no one really cares. But Helen Clark is good, I would prefer her over anyone else.

The Government doesn't really run New Zealand; New Zealand runs itself.

Hayley Westenra
        New Zealand Scenery
        New Zealand peace

NO UNION JACK! Change the Flag!
        New New Zealand flag

@ Australia
        be free

Comment

Here is the latest National party ad: For reference:

- NCEA is the NZ equivilent of SATs. It's been under a bit of fire lately.
          - "George" is the Police Minister, who has been underfire because the NZ-equivilent of 911 is... crap (people have been told to get cabs instead of ambulances, etc.) The Police have announced new highs for speeding fines though. His funny voice is actually pretty realistic. He's not very articulate.
          - "Cullen" is Michael Cullen, the Finance Minister.

Comment

Re: More NZ Election Madness

Originally posted by Kalius
            Chances are this fun bunch could gain 5% of the vote this election, and claim the following
            At least 5% of any pop are idiots. Take the US, over half their pop believes in creationism - go figure that!?

Bring back Manclark!
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I plan to vote Labour this year, mostly because I like Helen. Crazy but true, who wants some boring old fart in parliment when you can have Helen. (the whole israeli spies thing impressed the heck out of me, that is when I realised Helen Has Balls!)

I hate national. This year their mantra is money money money look how much money we give you look money you like money money money money you've been blinded by money money money vote for us like a good monkey money money money. (unless you're a single parent, but you weren't going to vote for us anyway and all the kids can go to hell)

My party vote will be thrown away to the Greens. The Greens seem to lack teeth but ideologically I'm a Green, and elections are for throwing your vote away damnit!

Comment

Israeli spies? I vaguely remember a reference somtime, could you provide some details, if it's not too much trouble.
                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Well I don't pay attention to news much (especially details) but basically a couple of israeli spies got caught doing israeli spy things (well trying to obtain NZ passports or something). Helen decided to raise a fuss and risk international incident rather than just taking it lying down (and quietly shipping the spies back to Israel). Helen demanded accountability from Israel, the spies got detained for a while ya de da blah blah blah. The important thing is it showed a high degree of integrity from Helen and that New Zealand won't just get pushed around. (Our Words Are Backed With Nuclear Free Policy? oh thats ANOTHER thing national wants to get rid of )

The thing is either option (raising a fuss, not raising a fuss) would have been mostly acceptable to most the population of New Zealand, not raising a fuss would have been "a bit weak, but understandable". Raising a fuss was a bit cocky, but leaders are supposed to be strong [and not puppets], thus I feel Helen made the right choice.

Comment

Just to troll you NZers, both alleged spies now have upper management jobs in the private sector, making more money that most of us ever will.

I don't know how the private sector just trusts these terrible criminals.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

it's a joooooish conspiracy!
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Hey, www.rense.com had it. It was written there, it must be truth.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

The only madness is if people elect the National idiots. That party has no real reason to exist.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Agathon, thou art reason enough for them to exist.
                            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Thankfully Destiny is currently polling around 0.8%. If there is any power gained I do hope someone kills that bloody televangalist.
                              Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                              Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                              X