Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominae

It goes...slowly.

I would like to have it up this week sometime.

By the way, great work doing some publicity in the CIV thread; it would be really neat to have people actually learn to play CIV with the help of AU...let's make it happen!
    Thanks, it really pains me when people throw around insults and trolls just because they can, as you can see from the cIV AU thread.

Comment

We're going to need the AU so the rest of us can catch up to those super-secret beta testers who've got a jump on us. And they were already some of the best players to being with
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

/me slaps Zargon.

That defeatist attitude will get you nowhere. I say the 'super secret beta testers' need all the practice they can get so they can attempt to compete with US. I mean, it's obvious...

I could go for a final blowout game. Never tried anything larger than standard map for some reason or another though. I'm sure there's some peculiarities it could bring up...
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Sure why not I always liked playing AU games
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

It's taken long enough for interest to build, and I've been procrastinating enough in pursuing the idea in the face of relatively limited interest, that we're now within two weeks of when Civ 4 is supposed to be released. That being the case, I'm extremely skeptical about how much sense it makes to put together a Civ 3 game on a massive scale that would take a lot longer to play than a typical game. If there are still people interested (perhaps because they don't plan to get Civ 4 right away), I'll put together a scenario. Otherwise, we can wait for Civ 4. (As for myself, I just placed a preorder with Amazon because I want the extra goodies that come with the presell edition.)

Comment

At this point, I'm with Nathan... this took a bit too long to put together, and with Civ4 around the corner, well, I can only fit so many monkeys on my back.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I agree, let's concentrate our efforts on our Civ IV release.

Comment

Looks like we are definately OBE right now

Ill look forward to the rebirth of AU CIV IV.
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                  X