buying game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying game

I'm thinking about getting the game and all expansions. How is the game? I'm finding some historical inaccuricies such as the chinese rider is somehow stronger than the knight. Why is that? And why is the conquistador as strong as the mongol horse? Aren't the spanish from hundreds of years after the mongols? How is the AI in the game? Does it cheat? How big is the game with the both expansions added? Like units and techs and events etc...

if you are buying the game for realism- don't.

for example: You can build railroads without steel. .

I'd buy it for the gameplay. Many smac fans don't care for it. But I do. But I'll admit I'm frustrated by the simplification and lack of choices in the game. So I tend to lose interest quickly.

Isn't there a demo for this game? anyone know?

Comment

Cant you make Steel from Iron? Because in the editor you need Iron and Coal... unless you just mean that there should have been a Steel "resource" added to the game... then I could agree. Just trying to clarify... dont mind me...
      Siga El Conejo Blanco
      Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
      | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

it's not really a resource, as you do make steel from iron. It's more of a process.

I may have been wrong about the steel.

Technically the first railroads and locomotives were made with iron. There was no way to mass produce steel until 1856. Using a Bessemer converter. I was thinking more along the lines of when the railroads really took off in the late 19th century.

But I looked it up, and there were some railroads in the London area before 1856.

I'm having a hell of a time finding sources on the materials used. This article talks about an american railroad locomotive built in 1831. It says the hubs and rims were made of cast-iron.

Comment

Very educational! Thank you!
          Siga El Conejo Blanco
          Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
          | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Working...
          X